New Visitor
jammin06
Accepted Solution

Temporary replacement computer- where's email?

My computer is out of service.  With this temp replacement, I can sign in to comcast email,

and get new emails, but how can I access the emails I have already opened?  They are still in my inbox on old computer.  Aren't they stored on comcast's computer?  I could not access them withpout signing in, so they can't be on my computer, correct?

And from reading other posts, it is outlook express they go through.  (Allthough they aren't paying me, so don't see how they are called my email client)

Thanks for any help        Jim

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Temporary replacement computer- where's email?

jammin06 wrote:

My computer is out of service.  With this temp replacement, I can sign in to comcast email,

and get new emails, but how can I access the emails I have already opened?  They are still in my inbox on old computer.  Aren't they stored on comcast's computer?  I could not access them withpout signing in, so they can't be on my computer, correct?

And from reading other posts, it is outlook express they go through.  (Allthough they aren't paying me, so don't see how they are called my email client)

Thanks for any help        Jim

Do you have Outlook Express configured on your out- of- service PC to remove the messages from the server after downloading to Outlook Express?  That is the default setting.  Unless you changed that setting under the Advanced tab in OE, your old messages are no longer available in Smartzone- They were downloaded to Outlook Express. Once Comcast's server downloas the messages to either the SZ INBOX, or to your email client, they are NOT kept on the Comcast server (Comcast computer)

You will see NEW messages in Smartzone because you have not accessed OE to download them.

If you need further help, do post back.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Temporary replacement computer- where's email?

[ Edited ]

Just a side note:  Depending on what your PC is in service for, you  just might lose the messages you have in Outlook Express.  Did you back them up?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.