Contributor

Text messages

For as long as I have owned my phone, I have been able to send text messages to my primary comcast email address from my cell phone (Sprint PCS).  Approximately 2 weeks ago, those text messages stopped being delivered.  In fact none of my text messages to email addresses with comcast.net are being delivered.  Text messages to other, non-comcast, email addresses are being delivered just fine, as are text messages to other cell phones.  Emails from my comcast email address  to my cell phone are being delivered just fine.  Other text messages from non Sprint carriers are being delivered to my comcast inbox.  Sprint says it isn't their problem, contact Comcast.  Comcast won't respond to my queries.  How do I get to the bottom of this?
Email Expert

Re: Text messages

Is there any way for you to see if bounce messages are being sent back from Comcast?  It sounds like Comcast may have put Sprint's mail server on their blacklist, but a bounce message would confirm this.  It would also contain the IP of the server, which you could then send to blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com.

Contributor

Thanks for your input.  Here is exactly what I am getting back when I try to send the text message.

"From: MAILER-DAEMON@nmcc.sprintspectrum.com(Ma
Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
This is the Postfix program at host mx.messaging.sprintpcs.com
I'm sor"

The message is cut off due to the limitation on text message size.
Email Expert

Does Sprint have a web site where you can view the entire bounce message, since it cuts it off when sending to your phone?