New Visitor
dneuf

Unable to Open URL Links in emails.

I have Xfinity Connect Lite, use Outlook for email, XP OS and recently downloaded Constant Guard.

I am unable to open any links in an email and get the error message that the restrictions on my computer are preventing me to do so and to get with my system administrator.  This is new.

Email Expert
madylarian

Re: Unable to Open URL Links in emails.

Did this just start after downloading ConstantGuard?

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
New Visitor
vetteguyus

I'm having the same issue.  I do not have Constant Guard

New Visitor
dneuf

Upon further research I found it was due to a recent update of RealPlayer which included downloading Google Chrome.  I did not want Google Chrome so deleted it, but did not realize it had modified my registry as default internet browser.  I had to go into Internet Options and modify default Internet browser to IE and then now everything is working properly again.

New Visitor
vetteguyus

Nope - my default browser is IE.

Regular Visitor

Hi.  This is dreamsicle.  Had the same issue.  I was having problem opening links in comcast/xfinity's homepage and any of their pages/links such as help page.  Had trouble opening links in other websites also such as school sites.  Had trouble opening links in my emails such as crazy coupon lady.

Since I have been exchanging private messages to comcastjoe, he had suggested changing my internet browser.  I downloaded google chrome and made it my default browser and everything seems to be working fine now.  I access my email by going to xfinity but through google chrome.

So, I don't know whether that meant the problem was comcast/xfinity or internet explorer.  If it is comcast, I hope they'll do some kind of reimbursement for all that problem we had to put up with and some of us dealing with it for a month or more now.