New Visitor
jcismyrock

Unable to attach files to email

Im unable to attach files (or anything) to an email.  When I sign in to email the following message pops up: An error occurred while initializing zimlet “comcast_search”.  Please notify administrator.  Maybe this has something to do with it??

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Unable to attach files to email

jcismyrock wrote:

Im unable to attach files (or anything) to an email.  When I sign in to email the following message pops up: An error occurred while initializing zimlet “comcast_search”.  Please notify administrator.  Maybe this has something to do with it??

Which browser/version do you use?  Have you cleared your browser cache?  Which version of XfinityConnect are you using?  Full or Lite?

Try this:

Reset your browser to the default settings (Save your Favorites and bookmarks first)

Try a different browser

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
sleepneasy

Unablt to attach files to outgoing email. Unsure how to: restore browser setting, clear browser cahe etc. I am not well versed in PC applications, please help

Email Expert
CCCarole

sleepneasy wrote:

Unablt to attach files to outgoing email. Unsure how to: restore browser setting, clear browser cahe etc. I am not well versed in PC applications, please help

I will assume you are using XfinityConnect for email?  Are you getting an error rmessages,etc when you attempt to attach?  Please describe what happens when you attempt to attach a file,etc?

To clear your browser cache see this clickable link:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

To reset your browser to the default settings:  Which browser/version do you use please? Click on Help>About in your browser to see which version,etc.

Which version of XC are you using?  To check:  Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences> General.  Which version is ticked?

post back.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
sleepneasy

IE 8, Xfinity Full version

New Visitor
sleepneasy

I click attach files and it "says" done, with errors on page. I also get the zimba_update error message. I tried the deleting temporary Internet files, as well as favorites etc, it didn't help.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Post the complete error messages you are receivng

In your browser, click on Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab... To reset the browser to the default settings.

Here is more information about a zimlet search error Clickable link

Also see if switching o the Lite version of XfinityConnect helps you to attach.  To do:  open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences>General.  If the FULL version is checked, check the box for the LITE version.  Close and re-open XfinityConnect.  You should now be in the Lite version.  Now test andd see if you can add an attachment.

Post back please

CC