Visitor
Accepted Solution

WIndows Live Mail Can't access my comcast address last 2-3 days.

[ Edited ]

Anyone know why WIndows Live Mail Can't access my comcast address the last 2-3 days? There has been no changes on my end. Did I neglect to read one of the endless emails that Comcast sent to me...telling me how totally awesome they are?

Windows live gives this message

Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast (woodsr7) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

Visitor

Re: WIndows Live Mail Can't access my comcast address last 2-3 days.

[ Edited ]

More on this. The last date I was able to access my comcast email address was Oct 25 (at least that's the last email that had been transferred to my windowslive mail). But from Oct 26 to now, windows live has not ben able to connect. There has been no changes in the windows live that I'm aware of, and the password or settings haven't changed.

Did Comcast make a change, or windows live? (I'm sure one will blame the other)

Also... I am able to log on directly at Comcast with the same password..just can't do it from Windows Live anymore. It's frustrating.

It also sucks, because this forum instructs you to check your email regularly. Well, if I use Windows Live which automatically tells you when you get new emails, but it's not working with Comcast.

And of course, Comcast doesn't have anything that comes close to Windows Live in functionality (that is Auto monitoring several different email addressses at one time).

So manually check comcast to see if maybe someone can tell you what the H is going on?

I guess I just have a bad attitude. I should simply be overjoyed that I'm paying such a low cost fee every month so I can get on here and complain. I should be thankful I know.

Email Expert

Comcast doesn't block POP access. What most likely happened was an automatic update of your firewall.

Visitor

Well that seems to be it. I temporarily turned off my computer protection and was able to log in and retrieve email. Then I turned protection back on, and was still able to access it and retrieve it.

Hmmm...it's a 3mo trial of Trend Micro Systems that came on the new computer. The 3mo free trial is over at end of this mo, then I'll be forced to go back to that sucky Norton again. I sure wish they'd kept McCaffee - I had no problems with that.

Norton just keeps giving me endless meaningless warnings, and telling me to back up my hard drive, but then when you try to actually do it it doesn't work, and I completely waste a DVD, and a few hours later.

Well that's not the subject of this particular posting, and I thank the person who suggested I check the Security software.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Woodsr7 wrote:

Norton just keeps giving me endless meaningless warnings, and telling me to back up my hard drive, but then when you try to actually do it it doesn't work, and I completely waste a DVD, and a few hours later.

Well that's not the subject of this particular posting, and I thank the person who suggested I check the Security software.

Woodsr7, when and if you go back to Norton, please start a thread on the Security Board and we'll be more than glad to help you get youe old AV uninstalled, cleaned up and Norton installed and setup. We'll also help  do away with all the endless meaningless warnings you may be talking about, (once you tell us exactly which warnings  you feel are needless).  Also nothing says you have to use their backup - I don't and I have no hassle because you can also disable the Norton backup.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Bronze Star Contributor

Just got this too.  Last time (month or so ago) I had a similar message and  Comcast admitted they were having problems.  I did uninstall my virus software and went to Microsoft Essentials at that time.  The server seems to "hiccup" and then the messages down;oad.  No problem going out.