New Visitor

What Email Addresses Are Available!?

I have been trying to set up a 2nd email account for three days now and every single name I choose is supposedly already in use. Any suggestions. I'm absolutely fed up!
Bronze Star Contributor

Re: What Email Addresses Are Available!?

Use something from an obscure or seldom seen movie that you like and would always remember;

or the first few letters from your first name together with the first few letters of your last plus your birth year.

I know the frustration.
Most Valued Poster

Don't we all, I used to use the name of the town that I grew up in. That is easy to remember.

Naddie
Most Valued Poster

With millions of customers, each with up to 7 email addresses, that really narrows the possible choices down.

One thing many people don't do is use periods "." in their ids. This is prefectly valid and you will find this alot in companies. So things like over.the.hill@comcast.net are possible. The same holds true of "-", such as road-kill@comcast.net. Some of Comcast's pages don't like emails with dashes in them, but they are perfectly valid. I haven't tried to add one with a dash, but it should work. I do know the period works fine.
Most Valued Poster

Some ISP'S will not accept dashes, Microsoft and Yahoo being two that I know of, but one can use the underscore_ and that is ok.
Get creative.
Good luck,
Naddie
New Visitor

Ya know what, I discovered that I wasn't logging as a the primary account when I tried to set up the additional address, and that's why I got the error message. But the error message should have told me the true error, not that the i.d. was already taken!!!! Wow, what a pain.
Most Valued Poster

You could make it easier by calling Tech Support, Where a search for e-mail addresses can be done and it will be a lot quicker then the way your doing it.

1-800-COMCAST, tech support is open 24/7

While Tech Support may not create the e-mail address for you, a search for an available one could be done for you.
Most Valued Poster

> Ya know what, I discovered that I wasn't logging as a
> the primary account when I tried to set up the
> additional address, and that's why I got the error
> message. But the error message should have told me
> the true error, not that the i.d. was already
> taken!!!! Wow, what a pain.

Yeah, that is a bug in memberservices. Btw, you did say you wanted to create a 2nd account. That probably lead the folks who posted responses to think you were already logged in with your one and only primary account.:smileyhappy:
Most Valued Poster

> You could make it easier by calling Tech Support,
> Where a search for e-mail addresses can be done and
> it will be a lot quicker then the way your doing it.
>
> 1-800-COMCAST, tech support is open 24/7
>
> While Tech Support may not create the e-mail address
> for you, a search for an available one could be done
> for you.

Ha, an other learning experience. Thanks a bunch. That is a great idea.
Naddie
New Visitor

why have the tech support search? they do the same thing you do when you enter it in to see if it is available... that seems pointless... talking to them when you can just enter it yourself...
Most Valued Poster

Because, they have what is available at their fingertips and we do not. Saves a lot of frustration.

Naddie