New Visitor

What happened to my old emails

I have not checked my emails for a month or so. When I tried to log in today, I was not even sure I logged in. Is there a tutorial to how this new system works?

What happened to my old emails?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: What happened to my old emails

AHaciosmanoglu wrote:

I have not checked my emails for a month or so. When I tried to log in today, I was not even sure I logged in. Is there a tutorial to how this new system works?

What happened to my old emails?

Did you sign in from the new Comcast homepage?  There is a large yellow box on the right side of the homepage where the sign in AND e-Mail icon is located.  First sign in... then from the homepage click on

E-Mail which will take you to Smartzone.  Click on the Inbox for your e-mail.  You might also want to check your Preferences for e-mail by going to Preferences> E-Mail and look at the E-Mail Deletion Schedule and make any changes you want to make.  Remember to click on save when you are done making any changes.  Here is the link to the Smartzone Tutorial.

• Smartzone Communications Center FAQ
  • The links to the Tutorials are in the sticky at the top of this Forum entitled FAQ's and a second sticky below it, called HOW TO also contains information as well. 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
    Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
    Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
    Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
    Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
    Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

Iam a simple person who is only interested in checking and sending e-mails periodicaly.  What can I do to get back to my simple e-mail process?
    Email Expert
    JR071702

lumberjackmi wrote:
    Iam a simple person who is only interested in checking and sending e-mails periodicaly.  What can I do to get back to my simple e-mail process?

SmartZone is the new web-based e-mail application for Comcast e-mails.   It's been fully deployed for a couple of months.

You can either use it or you can install and configure an e-mail client (like Thunderbird, Eudora, etc) to read and write e-mails.

The old "Webmail" e-mail application is gone forever and there is no getting it back.

JR

Email Expert
    CCCarole

[ Edited ]

lumberjackmi wrote:

The simplest way for you to check or send e-mail is to save this link in your Favorites or right on your desktop and create a short-cut with the link.  When you click on the link it will bring up the green box for you to sign in with your user name (without the @comcast.net part) and type in your password. 

Once you sign in you will go directly to E-Mail (now called Smartzone)

Here is the E-Mail link: http://www.comcast.net/qry/goto?app=mail

Here is a link to the Smartzone Tutorial will has questions and answers to everything about Smartzone:

Smartzone Communications Center FAQ

If you need further help, post back & we will try to help you further.  CC

Message Edited by CCCarole on 07-10-2009 12:12 PM

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
    Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
    Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
    Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
    Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
    Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee
    ComcastBillS

Are you going to comcast.net, clicking the email button on the right hand side of the screen to login to email?  Once there click on the email tab and you should be able to check all your email.
    Regular Contributor

Here is a link to the Smartzone Tutorial will has questions and answers to everything about Smartzone:

Well, not quite everything. Under Managing Multiple Email Accounts, the first question is

How do I set up the SmartZone Communications Center to receive mail from other primary and secondary...

It briefly explains how to add an existing Comcast account via Preferences > Email Manager, but it fails to mention that this is just a workaround, that the full functionality isn't available, and what the limitations are.

Then under Troubleshooting, the first question is

Why am I unable to view my other Comcast.net accounts from my SmartZone Communications Center login ...

The answer reads in its entirety:

Currently, access to other Comcast.net accounts from one SmartZone login is not supported.  To access a different Comcast.net account, sign out of the SmartZone Communications Center and then sign back in with the username from the other account. 

Please continue to check back to find out when this feature will be available. 

This of course contradicts the answer given in the Managing Multiple Email Accounts section. If I hadn't been hanging out on the forums all these months I would be massively confused by this.

Also, "Please continue to check back"??? As I've said before, Comcast apparently drastically underestimated how ticked off users would be to lose this feature and put it below "rearrange home page to confuse existing users" on their priority list. Here in the forums, when customers first started getting SZ the functionality was said to be coming back "soon," then "within the next few months," and recently "by the end of the summer." How about a date? Or at least a month? And it should be in the FAQ, not just here on the forums: I'd be willing to bet at least 80 percent of customers don't even know the forums exist.

Email Expert
    JR071702

Lucia wrote:

Also, "Please continue to check back"??? As I've said before, Comcast apparently drastically underestimated how ticked off users would be to lose this feature and put it below "rearrange home page to confuse existing users" on their priority list. Here in the forums, when customers first started getting SZ the functionality was said to be coming back "soon," then "within the next few months," and recently "by the end of the summer." How about a date? Or at least a month? And it should be in the FAQ, not just here on the forums: I'd be willing to bet at least 80 percent of customers don't even know the forums exist.

From what I am hearing now, it's going to be in the September/October time frame, but as you know, dates can always slip.   Depends what turns up during Beta testing of the functionality.

JR

Regular Contributor

Indeed, JR, there are four sure things in the software world: death, taxes, date slippage, and users screaming for a feature management decided could wait a release or two. (If I had had a baby the day I started working in software it would be old enough to serve in Congress by now, and I've known software vendors where date slippage became not so much a regrettable occurrence as a species of performance art.) As best I can make out from the limited info provided, however, the date for this has already slipped two or three times. If Comcast pays any attention at all to the forums and to their support people, they have to know that users really want this. You keep saying that hating a new webmail app is a terrible reason to switch ISPs, and I agree -- but when the ISP doesn't seem to hear what users are saying, provides inadequate and confusing documentation, and tells users to "keep checking back" for a feature it knows won't be ready for months, you can't blame those users for getting irritable.