New Visitor
AndrewJoie
Accepted Solution

Windows Mail Not Receiving Comcast Email

Account: 'mail.comcast.net (1)', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

I've been through Comcast Help. They say it is a software issue with Windows Mail. MicroSoft won't help without a payment of $99. I have Norton Security. What should I try next?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Windows Mail Not Receiving Comcast Email

AndrewJoie wrote:

Account: 'mail.comcast.net (1)', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

I've been through Comcast Help. They say it is a software issue with Windows Mail. MicroSoft won't help without a payment of $99. I have Norton Security. What should I try next?

Re-check and make sure that you do NOT have SPA (Secure Password Authentication) enabled.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
AndrewJoie

SPA was enabled. I unchecked it. Restarted windows mail. Now my error is: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F.

New Visitor
AndrewJoie

Just tried again & it WORKS!!!! YAY! :smileygrin: Thanks!!!

New Visitor
lin78

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have checked all the settings and they see ok. I have read the previous posts, and gone over settings with Comcast.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Just to re-verify: Is this how you have it set up please?  Check all of these.

POP- (Incoming) should be 995 with SSL ON

SMTP (outgoing) should be 465 with SSL On

This server requires authentication must be checked

SPA (Secure Password Authentication) should be OFF

If you are scanning your email, turn that off.  Comcast scans all mail.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.