Contributor
dhoxeng

Yahoo addresses bounce

I have a comcast.net email address. When I send a message to certain people with @yahoo.com addresses, they abort after 1 sec. They go through fine from my older pacbell.net account. How can I fix this?

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Yahoo addresses bounce

Are you getting an actual bounce message?  If so, what does it say?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
DenMill

I have not been getting e-mails from my yahoo group in a long time. why is that?

Contributor
dhoxeng

Subject: "Delivery status notification"

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 1 second(s): xxxx@yahoo.com

Bronze Problem Solver

dhoxeng wrote:

Subject: "Delivery status notification"

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 1 second(s): xxxx@yahoo.com

There's more info in the bounce message. In webmail, in the message list view, right click on the bounce and select View Source. Post the part that look similar to this.

Final-recipient: rfc822; hfdjadhfadhfalkdfhldfhalhsldhfsjfdhl@aol.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 <hfdjadhfadhfalkdfhldfhalhsldhfsjfdhl@aol.com>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com
Last-attempt-Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:14:17 +0000

Comcast doesn't like to see personal info, like actual email addresses, posted, but the actual email address is probably the relevant bit here. As a compromise, edit any email address that shows up by removing the @yahoo.com part and just leaving the username part.

Contributor
dhoxeng

Final-recipient: rfc822; krimini911

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;  554 Message not allowed - [PH01] Email not accepted for policy reasons.  Please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-27.html [120]
Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 23:39:14 +0000

Bronze Problem Solver

dhoxeng wrote:

Final-recipient: rfc822; krimini911

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;  554 Message not allowed - [PH01] Email not accepted for policy reasons.  Please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-27.html [120]
Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 23:39:14 +0000

Well... I found this at http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN5067&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1361303...

"

554 Message not allowed - [PH01/PH02] Email not accepted for policy reasons.

There is something about the message contents that Yahoo! Mail will not accept for policy reasons. For instance, it is against Yahoo! Mail's policy to send phishing/fraud attempts or viruses. If you feel you have received this error for a message that should be accepted, we encourage you to provide us with the complete headers associated with the email sample. Once we have received the information, we will investigate."

Will a small test text message with no sig get through to that recipient?

Contributor
dhoxeng

Thank you. Sounds like a Yahoo problem and not a Comcast problem. I will follow up with them.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW