Visitor
drbubba1005

You are listed as a secondary user?????

The last couple of months everytime I try to log into comcast.com I get the following message.

We're Sorry.
Only the primary account owner can add or upgrade services. You are listed as a secondary user on this Comcast account, and are not eligible to make any account changes.

It's odd because I am the only account owner and have never had anyone else on the account.

If I click the Comcast icon at the top of the page that displays the above message, I go back to the original comcast.com page and it tells me I am logged in. Actually it gives a link to log out.

From this page if I click "Pay your bill", it takes me directly to a page with my most recent billing info.

I called comcast a couple of time to see about this but gave up after waiting on hold for more than 15 minutes every time.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: You are listed as a secondary user?????

[ Edited ]

See what this shows:  Click on Help at the top of this page, a window will open.  Click on Find your User Name.  It should bring up all Usernames associated with your Account. Assuming you are signed in with the Primary Username and password.  Post back the results.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: You are listed as a secondary user?????

[ Edited ]

CCCarole wrote:

See what this shows:  Click on Help at the top of this page, a window will open.  Click on Find your User Name.  It should bring up all Usernames associated with your Account. Assuming you are signed in with the Primary Username and password.  Post back the results.

When you post back do NOT post the actual account names.

Secondary accounts can also use the Find your User Name tool.

drbubba1005 wrote:

The last couple of months everytime I try to log into comcast.com I get the following message.

We're Sorry.
Only the primary account owner can add or upgrade services. You are listed as a secondary user on this Comcast account, and are not eligible to make any account changes.

It's odd because I am the only account owner and have never had anyone else on the account.

From this page if I click "Pay your bill", it takes me directly to a page with my most recent billing info.

Are you talking about USER accounts (the name you sign in with which is also your email address) or the BILLING account-the name on the bill?

User accounts are totally different from the billing account name.

What is odd is the fact that you can click Pay BIll and see the billing info. A restricted secondary account would not be able to see it. An UNRESTRICTED secondary account which has been granted persmission view/pay the bill will be able to see it.

The user name look up tool will not tell you if a secondary account is restricted or unrestricted. The only way to find out that info is for the PRIMARY user account to sign in to Customer Central/Users & Settings and look.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.