09-06-2012 04:54 PM
This is a known symptom with Internet Explorer browser and we are working on a fix to address the issue.
Please try the following steps which should be a good work around to the error when opening emails:
1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.
2. Login to your email and verify if error is still happening->if so move to step 3.
3) Backup your Internet Explorer browser "Bookmarks", then reset your browser to the default settings.
4. Login to your email and verify if error is still happening->if it is move to step5.
5) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser.
Symptom: "Error has occurred while initializing zimlet Comcast search" When trying to access their e-mai.
Diagnosis: Known issue is with IE 8 or 9, and has an add on "Premium Play Codec-c" installed in IE
Solution: Uninstalling this add-on should resolve this issue. If the issue continues please reinstall IE8 (IE9 default installation includes this add-on, so while installing IE9 the user has to choose Custom installation and avoid this add-on).
We are working on a fix to address this issue.
01-15-2013 02:24 PM
This error and in the inability to add attachments can be caused by bad add-ons.
For example the Add-on publisher "Amazing Apps / 215 Apps" Add-on Name "I Want This" will cause the error (and not allow attachments to email) if the add-on is enabled.
I would recommend that you disable all add-ons in IE (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select each add-on and click disable), then RESTART IE to see if the error goes away. If the error does go away then you can then do the following to determine which add-on is causing the problem.
1) enable one of the previously disabled add-ons (Tools -> Manage Ad-ons, select an add-on and click enable)
2) restart the browser
3) re-open the browser and goto comcast.net email to see if you get the error again
repeat steps 1-3 until you get the error again
once you get the error you will know that the last add-on enable was the one that caused the problem.
NOTE: If an add-on is greyed out or you are otherwise unable to disable it, you'll need to goto control panel and uninstall the program that installed the add-on to disable it.
01-15-2013 05:33 PM
To add onto Aorapal's reply, another Add-on that we know for sure that will cause this issue in composing emails and trying to add attachment is called the "Coupon Companion Plugin".
On doing some testing with different browsers, we have determined it working/not working with the below:
If you are seeing the Zimlet error with your browser, please try going into your browser add-on and disabling the Coupon Companion if it is there.
Comcast Silicon Valley
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map