New Visitor

block an email from just one person

i know you can accept certain email and ignore the rest but how do you just block one person who emails stuff such as forwards which i cannot stand.  they know they are not appreciated but still do it? any suggestions? thanks
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

Re: block an email from just one person

lrryhrrs wrote:
i know you can accept certain email and ignore the rest but how do you just block one person who emails stuff such as forwards which i cannot stand.  they know they are not appreciated but still do it? any suggestions? thanks

What program do you use?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Recognized Contributor

If you're using webmail (i.e., logging in to comcast.net and clicking the Mail icon), you can't.

With any real email client, it's simple.  In Outlook Express, for example, just select a message from the person you want to block, then choose Message, Block Sender.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

With Outlook Express, you can go one step further than blocking the sender, which will send any mail directly to the Deleted mail folder. You can create a rule to actually delete the mail from the server. The mail will never be downloaded to OE. I'd rather wait to give you instructions on setting up a rule when you reply with how you access mail.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.