New Visitor
Accepted Solution

cannot send e-mail..incoming works but not outgoing for days now.

something has changed as it affects all the computers in the household. (3)  either mcafee or comcast changed something, incoming works fine but outgoing fails to connect to server. using ports 25/110  socket error 11060 ..I am using outlook express....I can send mail if I go to through comcast homepage and get into my e-mail that way...whatever changed affected Outlook program...HElpppppp

Thanks

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: cannot send e-mail..incoming works but not outgoing for days now.

callmepokey1 wrote:

something has changed as it affects all the computers in the household. (3)  either mcafee or comcast changed something, incoming works fine but outgoing fails to connect to server. using ports 25/110  socket error 11060 ..I am using outlook express....I can send mail if I go to through comcast homepage and get into my e-mail that way...whatever changed affected Outlook program...HElpppppp

Thanks

Try the settings shown in the HOW-TO sticky post at the top of the email forum. It appears there may be a comcast block on your port 25.

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=2&thread.id=146512