Contributor
Accepted Solution

cannot send email

My outgoing email stopped working on 2/9.  I've cleared my outbox and tried test messages but still cannot send.  I can receive fine.  I've made no changes to my Outlook client or Comcast account.  Are comcast email servers down?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: cannot send email

ColoHusker wrote:

My outgoing email stopped working on 2/9.  I've cleared my outbox and tried test messages but still cannot send.  I can receive fine.  I've made no changes to my Outlook client or Comcast account.  Are comcast email servers down?

The problem is probably because you have not changed your SMTP Port from Port 25 to Port 465 with SSL ON.  You cannot use Port 25 any longer, it is now blocked by Comcast.

Go into Outlook and change SMTP to Port 465 with SSL on

Check the box which says, "This server requires authentication"

Do NOT check the box for SPA (secure password authentication)

See this clickable link: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Port-Change-Notification/m-p/1470331#U1...

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
CCCarole
New Visitor
Foxm

Re: cannot send email

What right does Comcast have to prevent me from sending email???? I pay $159 a month for a "bundled service" and Just like that, they cut off my being able to send email. May be time for another server!