New Visitor
bobcat734

cant' open emails

I can see I have emails in my inbox when I sign on, yet when I click on them then screen "thinks" for a moment and then goes back to the same screen. The screen that shows about 6-8 emails, thus I cannot read them.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: cant' open emails

bobcat734 wrote:

I can see I have emails in my inbox when I sign on, yet when I click on them then screen "thinks" for a moment and then goes back to the same screen. The screen that shows about 6-8 emails, thus I cannot read them.

I would try each of these steps in order - retrying getting into Xfinity Connect after each step:

1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.

2) Reset your browser to the default settings.

3) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser. Thanks to JR for this information

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
bobcat734

I do not know how to do either #1 or #2.

New Visitor
bobcat734

I know it sounds bad but, I don't know which version of Xfinityconnect I use. I am not sure of my client? not windows live. I don' tknow how to clear my cache. and not sure of my operating system.. how do I find out?  The issue is, after signing in.. I see my email preview box. When I click on the email it does not open, it sort of cycles and then goes back to the preview box.  Thanks for any help..

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

http://browserland.com/featured/restore-firefox-default-settings-without-uninstalling-it/

To find out what xfinity connect version you are using do the following:

Login to xfinity connect

Click on the preference tab and on the left side you will see a dot on which version you are using.

In regards to a email client there are many like outlook express, outlook, windows mail live and mac mail and many more.

New Visitor
bobcat734

Thank you for the cache clearing.  I believe that is complete.  I haven't been able to get firefox to reset to default yet.  When I try find which Xfinity i am running, I cannot. Anything I click on in the preview page (and in this case preferences) the page just cycles and goes back to preview. I guess I may have to call support.