Contributor

certain emails will not come to me

Ok a year ago we ended up losing  a work at home position because Comcast would not let me mail come through from them

No matter what we did Comcast would"fix" it for a week or two and than boom Not getting them again. The company decided it was not worth the hassel.

Well now i made a purchase online and I have waited two days for my emails to come from them

They have sent it 3 times

Comcast Again will not allow it through for whatever reason

I just can not understand why Comcast does this

we have a SPAM folder IF comcast believes it is in fact spam put it in that folder and I will make that determination as to if in fact it really is Spam.

I just want to be able to get my mail rom EVERYONE igive my email address too and Not have Comcast decide what they want me to have and not have

ihad to change the email ddress from Both schools mine and my Sons because Comcast said it was SPAM and stopped letting it go through.

HELP

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: certain emails will not come to me

I realize you are having problems, but it seems unlikely to me that Comcast is blocking that many of your senders. A school is an unlikely block.

So is something else happening here?

You know your email address and write it correctly on forms. Is someone mishearing or misreading that address and sending to an address that is close but not quite right? Are they sending it to person@comcast.com instead of person@comcast.net? Is there an underscore or dot in your email address? How about an l or a 1 that can be confused?

Is it possible that you have set up an email client that sometimes gets launched and grabs your email?

Is it possible that someone has your password and sometimes grabs your email?

Don't post your email address, but could you post the domain (the part after the @) for the school and the company you bought something from?

Contributor

3 places is not a Large amount especially when it happens over time

No one has my password. No one checks my mail but me

I do not use a email client i check on web only(after that whole port blocking thing Comcast started it was too much of a pain i use another email for personal email now and use the client for that

The same emails that would not come to me through the address here at comcast come through just fine on Yahoo and another email. The addresses are correct

As i said the one from Frederick County schools from my sons High School and year before that  were at first marked as Suspected Spam. i kept changing it and than the following school year I got nothing. Actually thweir web tech at the school said i am NOT the only Comcast person having this issue and he was unsure why it happe3ns.

Secondly The issue with my other account and working at home we had a tech look into it and it got fixed and stayed foxed for a month or so Than it stopped sending mail to me at th comcast email again But sadly we were removed fro mthe job because we did not have a Steady reliable source of email So THANKS Comcast for that one

I know it is hard for comcast to believe or admit they may have a possible situation that is their fault but sorry this is Your fault

I no longer have my Son in school I homeschool now but their email ends in

fcps.org

It just gets irritating i honestly stopped using Comcast email because of it i never know If in fact the emails will come to me or not andin many cases i do not like chancing it

Since this last one was a credit card  company i figured I was safe as my other emails for Credit cards come no problem.

Either way oit would be nice that Comcast stop blocking emails at all and let US be the judge of what is and is not spam

Email Expert
madylarian

Tim21 wrote:

Either way oit would be nice that Comcast stop blocking emails at all and let US be the judge of what is and is not spam

The problem with this is that, as if often the case, such tremendous amounts of spam come from those sources that Comcast (and many other ISPs) block them from getting past what could be called the outer walls of their system.  You say that they would be unblocked only to be blocked again a short time later.  That seems to point to the fact that the source has done little or nothing to stem the spam coming from their servers.  Sadly, schools are notorious for being just such sources as students are notoriously lax in computer security.  Many people point to services such as Gmail or Yahoo or Hotmail as better examples of filtering.  But I have to wonder why I get so much more spam in my little-used Gmail account than I do in my often-used Comcast account.  After all, the spammer's goal is to get their spew in front of my eyes and if it lands in my inbox or spam folder I'm still likely to at least look through the list.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
New Visitor

That happened to me from a college e-mail site when Comcast first switched to using new format and had to get it solved through the school. I still am not sure I am getting all my e-mails as people tell me they have responded or sent me stuff and I don't get it. I am about ready to start looking for another provider after six years with Comcast.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I personally would rather I got the emails and  my own deleting of spam than to have Comcast BABYSIT my account and ASSUME what is and is not Spam.

i have had two yahoo accounts One I use online for groups and forums etc and YES i get spam in that i have another that i use for Personal and  business and my sons school I have yet to ever get spam in that email.

Spam is generated by where YOU the account owner post and pass around your email.

Comcast advertises that for my 40.00 a month I get access to the net as well as 7 accounts or something to that effect and a personal webpage (still never have found out how that woks)

However what good is 7 email accounts when you can not get emails from people thgat you know and trust?

Oddly enough while I can not get mail from  this credit card company, or the school, or the job that i am still a bit peeved about well i do get plenty of emails from

Harry who wants me to Help him with a Charity (yes it is called his pocket) and Janine who wants me to buyt medicine from her, Macy, Candy, and Jay all want to sell me  rolex watches, and  there is a Sgt in the Army who wants me to help him bring some money back home from Iraq, and well so many others

All that in my Wonderfully helpful Comcast email

Mind you The Yahoo and Gmail accounts i have had for 1 year for one and 2 years for the other have never had not one spam message in them. i use them for specific emails The same ones actually that I iused my Adelphia mail for before Comcast Took over Adelphia and messed it up.

Not i get half my mail depending on what comcast thinks about the sender. but then heck a few years ago They also blocked me from sending emails and the reason they gave me was it was due to  the fact i was Spamming people. They than said it was  my system either had a virus or was hijacked. Only later did they ADMIT that it was due to  they made a change  to everyone.

I just would Love These people to come out and be HONEST! and Fix things for a change.

they are always so busy blaming us their Customers for the mess ups they do that it is getting a bit Old

ahh but then they can do that since they hold the monopoly in many towns and many people are forced to have Comcast or have No high speed internet and never have

Message Edited by Tim21 on 10-15-2009 08:09 AM
Email Expert

Tim21 wrote:

I personally would rather I got the emails and  my own deleting of spam than to have Comcast BABYSIT my account and ASSUME what is and is not Spam.

Unfortunately, there's so much spam (I think I've heard numbers like 75% or 90% of all email) that if Comcast allowed all of it in, to be filtered later, they would be overwhelmed. Blocking it at the entryway is a necessary evil.

Email Expert
madylarian

Tim21 wrote:

Spam is generated by where YOU the account owner post and pass around your email.

This is so wrong in so many ways.  Spammers don't need to be given addresses anymore.  Dictionary attacks, server hacks, purchased lists and software do the job very well.  

And btw, Comcast did not change everyone's smpt port.  However, more and more ISPs are blocking port 25 by default now so if you change to another ISP you'd better get used to it.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense