Visitor

closing Comcast email account, forward email to new account

If I close my Comcast account and want to have my email forwarded to my new account, is that possible?  I assume that I can forward my emails at least through the end of my billing cycle, correct?  How about after that?  Is there any time period that it will forward my emails?  What about if you are migrating to TW?  Can you have the Comcast server direct your email to another account instead of TW/RoadRunner during the transition time (one year)?

thanks
Service Expert
Again

Re: closing Comcast email account, forward email to new account

[ Edited ]

Tarheel72 wrote:
If I close my Comcast account and want to have my email forwarded to my new account, is that possible?  I assume that I can forward my emails at least through the end of my billing cycle, correct?  How about after that?  Is there any time period that it will forward my emails?  What about if you are migrating to TW?  Can you have the Comcast server direct your email to another account instead of TW/RoadRunner during the transition time (one year)?

thanks

Once you close your Comcast account, that's it; it's closed and there is no email to forward.

Now, if you're a Comcast customer that is migrating to TW/RR, if you are getting your emails successfully, then you can choose to stop Comcast from forwarding your emails.

So, if you have a new ISP other than TW/RR, and you close your Comcast account, make sure you have already notified everyone of your new address prior to closing your Comcast account.  Comcast does not foward mail for any amount of time after you've closed the account.

Let me add to this, since I see you're in Plano...you should already be getting your mail at TW/RR, and you can stop having Comcast forward your email.  If you're keeping TW/RR, I would imagine you could get your mail at Comcast forwarded to wherever you choose; I don't know, though, by doing that if you'll see the email show up at RR.

If, however, you decide to close your TW/RR account, again you will need to notify everyone of your new address.  I don't think that TW/RR continues to deliver email after you've closed the account.

Message Edited by Again on 12-24-200611:29 AM

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---

"I am you and you are me. Teach me about you and I will teach you about me, and we'll find we aren't so different after all."
--- © James Scott 2012