Visitor

comcast .net email

I cannot get to my email screen.All  I get is a column of Comcast.com; Comcast.net.xinfinity.net etc Then it moves down to my account and other things and email.When I click on anything ,nothing happens

Email Expert
JR071702

Re: comcast .net email

weasle94 wrote:

I cannot get to my email screen.All  I get is a column of Comcast.com; Comcast.net.xinfinity.net etc Then it moves down to my account and other things and email.When I click on anything ,nothing happens

Try clearing your browser cache and trying again.

JR

Visitor

I cannot get int my e-mail nor explorer What the ______ is going on with your service???I am about to chang services.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

10snut wrote:

I cannot get int my e-mail nor explorer What the ______ is going on with your service???I am about to chang services.

You need to provide some details please. Have you cleared your browser cache? What happens exactly when you attempt to access your email?  Which versionb of XfinityConnect do you use, full or lite?

Which browser/version do you use?

What do you mean you cannot get to'explorer'?  Do you mean you cannot open Internet Explorer?  What happens?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

It was my Facebook account. someone hacked it to my email account and started sendind emails to my friends .I cancelled my Facebook account  ,the trick is ,you cannot go to your facebook account for 30 days or it will reactivate.not even to check to see if it is gone. what a scam site. no firewalls or protection on it at all. thank god I never put in personal info like bday or address

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

weasle94 wrote:

It was my Facebook account. someone hacked it to my email account and started sendind emails to my friends .I cancelled my Facebook account  ,the trick is ,you cannot go to your facebook account for 30 days or it will reactivate.not even to check to see if it is gone. what a scam site. no firewalls or protection on it at all. thank god I never put in personal info like bday or address

In addition I would also advise changing your password. Make it complex ( a random mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters (if allowed)) with a minimum length of 8 characters up to the 16 allowed by Comcast.  NEVER use the same password on multiple websites either.

Here is an article too, about how your password can be compromised.

The best way to stay secure is to use a strong password unique to every online service you use and change it every so often.

Some points to stress ...

-Comcast uses several security measures to protect against brute force attacks, a little too detailed to go into here.

-We store password values using a salted SHA algorithm. This value is hashed after combining the email address and the cleartext password. This means that a hash is stored which cannot be decrypted, but only used as a comparison when a login attempt is made. This ensures that even if someone were to gain access to our secure system, they still couldn't access the clear text value of the password and therefore not be able to login.

-We provide antivirus programs for free that should be used to prevent viruses and other attacks on our users' computers.

There is another type of attack that is not in the article because it technically has nothing to do with your actual account. This happens when someone finds a valid email address and uses it to spoof messages to several people. Sometimes this appears to be a hacking of an account when in fact the actual account has never been compromised.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Visitor

then write down all the different passwords somewhere.hard to remember 10 or so different passwords changed each month. just better firewalls and security is a better answer

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Many of us use LastPass.  You can check it out here> http://lastpass.com/

Also, please edit your first post which shows your email address as a tag and remove it.  The Forums are public, anyone can see your email address & it could be harvested by spammers...

CC

New Visitor
gibbskey

I can get to my messages, however they won't open up

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Email not opening today

01-26-2012 04:57 PM

I would try each of these steps in order - retrying getting into Xfinity Connect after each step:

1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.

2) Reset your browser to the default settings.

3) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser.

Thanks to JR for this information

New Visitor
rloutz

When I click email it does not appear  also I'm getting too many ads on home page & email screen.

Email Expert
JR071702

rloutz wrote:

When I click email it does not appear  also I'm getting too many ads on home page & email screen.

Here is the link to turn off (or on) the skyscraper e-mail ad on the right-hand side of the Xfinity Connect screen:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/adinformation/

You cannot turn off the little 1x1 promotion ad below the XC Menu...
JR