New Visitor
kteacher19

comcast page won't load properly,so I can't log in

I thought it might be a virus as it is just happening on my laptop. The comcast homepage won't load. I've run numerous virus scans with Norton as well as Ad -aware, but nothing helps. This is the only web page that won't load

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: comcast page won't load properly,so I can't log in

[ Edited ]

Do you use Smartzone's full version, or the Lite?  If the full version, see if you can get into the light version following these steps:  Also, have you cleared you cache?  If not, do that first. 

From here- at the top of the page, click on th Email icon.

CC

What you can do is while you are on the loading screen, make a note of the URL - specifically, the beginning part. (For instance, my SmartZone URL is http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail#1 - so the SZ e-mail server that I am assigned to is sz0004.wc).

Next, while you are stuck on the loading screen, key in the following URL that corresponds to the SZ server that you are assigned to:

http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/search (for example)

You should just be able to backspace to the slash after the zimbra and type in the h/search.

This will get you into SmartZone Lite.    At this point, go to Preferences > General and set it to SZ Lite so you will always get into SmartZone Lite at logon.

SmartZone Lite is an HTML-driven web app like the old Webmail was.   If you were able to get into the old Webmail system from work, you should be able to get into SZ Lite.   

Credit to JR for these directions.

Let us know if this helps you.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Mac Expert
Joel

[ Edited ]

I believe the OP is saying that comcast.net won't load, which in turn won't allow access to the Email icon. Is this the problem? If so, can you tell us what web browser you are using, and if you have any tool bars or other add-ons installed? Have you tried with a different browser, or disabling toolbars, extensions or other add-ons?

Visitor

I am unable to access my email account.  I am not having any problems accessing other sites.

Visitor

Visitor

None of this means anything to me.  Please fix my email account!

Contributor

Hello, having the same problem on my wife's netbook. 

-Both IE8 and Google Chrome have the same behavior

-WinXP

-Works fine from a different XP desktop on the same network with same DNS settings

-flushed all cache

-flushed DNS

-tried with firewall disabled

type 'www.comcast.net' into the browser.  The address quickly "bounces" back and forth between www.comcast.net and login.comcast.net until eventually timing out with "the website cannot display the page".  address bar is this after it times out:

https://login.comcast.net/login?s=portal&ts=641cd027&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comcast.net%passive=1

Contributor

I have a workaround of sorts.  After the timeout, I backspaced over the "passive=1" at the end of that long url, removing it from the string.  I hit 'enter' and it brought up the login authorization page.  I typed in the username and password, and was able to get in to comcast.net.  I then clicked on the mail icon and it took me into smartzone email just fine. 

I imagine this will be a problem again.  It is something comcast needs to address. 

New Visitor

when I try to log in for my E-mail the hour glass blinks rapidly and nothing happens

Email Expert
CCCarole

If you are already signed in, a couple of things to try.  Click on the email icon on the top of the page.  Type in smartzone.comcast.net in the browser.  Does either one work?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Email Expert
CCCarole

I am notifying an Administrator of this thread.

jHobson34:  Please edit your post and remove the link to your company.  

Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

We are aware of customers experiencing timeouts, latency, error 500 and login issues with Comcast.net.

There is no ETR at this time.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
New Visitor
frandipr

How do I acces my email?

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Assuming you are using Smartzone, and assuming you don't have the issue mentioned in the announcement at the top of this forum:

frandipr wrote:

How do I acces my email?

Have you first, cleared you cache?

There are a number of ways to get to Smartzone.  If you are already signed in, you can click on the Email icon at the top of this page in the upper right hand corner.

From the Comcast homepage (www.comcast.net) Scroll to the far right where you signed in, and click on the email icon envelope there:

89 here.jpg

While signed in, type in smartzone.comcast.net in the browser address bar & click on Enter.

If none of these work, you are signed in, then most likely you are expereincing the problem that the Announcement is referencing. 

We are aware of customers experiencing timeouts, latency, error 500 and login issues with Comcast.net. There is no ETR at this time.

Discussion may be found here.

Post back if we can help you further.

New Visitor
kendi141

I can't log in to Comcast.net what is the problem I also cant go into my email

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

ComcastGeorge wrote:

We are aware of customers experiencing timeouts, latency, error 500 and login issues with Comcast.net.

There is no ETR at this time.

And yet when you go to NETWORK HEALTH,

http://online.comcast.net/networkhealth/outagecheck.aspx

you see a "green machine"???   Why doesn't that page reflect any outages??

ciao, bj

Regular Problem Solver
jjv124

When clearing cache and cookies, if you are using IE8 make sure that you are also unchecking the section that says something along the lines of saving data for favorite websites, then hitting delete. 

Visitor

This behaviour only occurs with Google Chrome for me.....all other browsers load comcast.net flawlessly. These symptoms are consistent on two different computers. 

fyi...other browsers means Opera, Firefox, IE8, and Safari (all most current versions)

I can't wait to find out what this could be...

Regular Problem Solver
jjv124

Did you clear the cookies and cache out of chrome? 

Visitor

Clearing cache and cookies did work in chrome.....

I'm still not sure how to explain how two different computers, therefore two different caches and cookie sets, both started with this login problem on the same day?

Somehow doesn't make sense...why would every other browser be error-free, and only comcast.net site experiencing the problem, and only in Google Chrome? In every case, any other website would load without problem. Why only Comcast??

Anyway, thanks for the help. Would love to be able to wrap my head around it, though.

Mac Expert
Joel

[ Edited ]

It would be nice if people with different issues would start new threads instead of just jumping into existing threads. Going back to the original post, I'm wondering if this isn't actually a bookmark issue? When bookmarking comcast.net, it is important to make sure you are actually ONLY bookmarking the URL http://www.comcast.net If you use a browser's ability to "bookmark current page," you end up with a an additional string that in the future can not only change but can cause the kinds of hang-ups being described. By altering the URL being accessed, it allowed free access to the desired page.

This also applies to choosing your desired homepage.

Regular Contributor
justwanttolook

[ Edited ]

Having the same problem with it bouncing between the two pages sites (never waited long enough to see if it woulld time out). I ended having to search for the comcast forums & when I clicked on that link, it took me to the sign in page & after that I was able to access comcast.net

This was on IE8 - it worked fine on firefox.

Recognized Contributor
Xoanan

I had the problem too, but its fixed;  Here's what I did on the Windows Machine.  I cleared the browsing history;  I disabled the Silverlight add-on  and it worked.

Security Expert
CWH803

Re: Comcast page won't load properly,so I can't log in

Xoanan wrote:

I had the problem too, but its fixed;  Here's what I did on the Windows Machine.  I cleared the browsing history;  I disabled the Silverlight add-on  and it worked.

I'd say that the "browser history clear" and the "SilverLight add-on disabling" were unrelated to the resolution of  this problem.  See the following post extract:

Re: Comcast home page flashing

ecsmith wrote:

I'm having the same problem as the guy with firefox, but I'm using Internet Explorer.  Address bar just flashes web address over and over will not pull up home page.

I too saw this behavior yesterday (06-11-2010) using IE8 in XP SP3 to access SmartZone.  My work-around then was to logon to these forums and then navigate to SmartZone; this worked immediately. The problem does not occur today.

I lay the blame on a now fixed temporary defect in the SmartZone redirect stream and not my local environment.  

Signature: 127.0.0.1, Sweet 127.0.0.1 and I recommend all of these Anti-malware tools and Procedures. (updated May 2010)
Security Expert
CWH803

Recognized Contributor
Xoanan

Re: Comcast page won't load properly,so I can't log in

[ Edited ]

Hmm.. interesting...

Thanx!

New Visitor
Lordy007

Having the same issue on one of my lap tops. comcast.net will load but unable to sign onto email.

Using IE 8 and Windows Vista Home Premium.

Strange thing is, it loads on old lap top that uses IE 8 and Vista also.

New Visitor
Lordy007

Also noticed it only happens on Comcast secure url links when logging onto email.

Just also noticed when comcast.net would try loading using a secure url, would not load properly

This has been going on for over a week now and is very frustrating.

Also called local Comcast number and no help

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

I know that there are recurring issues here and you may be running into that, but be sure that you try ...

- clear the Comcast cookies in your browser

- clear your browser cache

- try a different browser

- use http://www.comcast.net to get to the Comcast front page

I'm not convinced that everyone posting in this thread is having the same problem.

Contributor
dodgeum

I had this same problem and found that on mine it was caused by a microsoft update. i deleted it and all is good.

Email Expert
JR071702

dodgeum wrote:

I had this same problem and found that on mine it was caused by a microsoft update. i deleted it and all is good.

Do you know what update it was???

JR

Visitor

The same thing is happening on my computer...is it a comcast problem and where do we go for help!!

Security Expert
CWH803

CCCarole suggests this work-around:

When the address bar is flickering hit stop and freeze the address; check and see if you have an "=1" at the end of the URL. If you do, delete just the "=1" and hit the Enter key. 

CWH803 suggests this work-around:

A work around that has worked for me when I see this problem is to start my IE8 browser, navigate to these forums using http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board?board.id=13, which will optionally re-direct through the Comcast logon function, and then click the E-mail icon that appears at the top right of every Forum page.

Signature: 127.0.0.1, Sweet 127.0.0.1 and I recommend all of these Anti-malware tools and Procedures. (updated May 2010)
Email Expert
CCCarole

Other suggestions:

Clear cache first.

If using IE8, in Internet Options, uncheck the top box which says, "Preserve Favorites Websites' and click OK

In the browser address bar, type in smartzone.comcast.net then enter.

New Visitor
Gloryb13

Hi,

Since Thursday, I have been unable to log in on Outlook Express for my comcast email page.  My user name comes up, but the computer won't allow me to put password in. 

Contributor
Benameirca

Bybass your router and login to your modem directly. 

Email Expert
CCCarole