Contributor
All of a sudden my mail is about 4" wide. How do I make my messages wide enough to read? The advertisement is taking up more of my page than anything! Thanks for any HELP!!!
Most Valued Poster
bigchris

Re: e-mail

What is your screen resolution set to?
Contributor

My screen resolution is 800x600
Most Valued Poster
bigchris

Can you try setting it to 1024*768 ?
Contributor

I just reset it to 1024x768 and I can get my page of e-mail although it is very small. I haven't ever had this problem until today. Thanks for your help.
Most Valued Poster
bigchris

A little "did you know" that might help. You can increase the size of the layout in a browser window by holding down the control key and pressing either + or rolling the scroll wheel of your mouse?

This helps when you really can't read the fonts of some websites.

Also, don't forget that Microsoft has some helper settings for those who need larger fonts generally. You can usually find this in the control panel and if you are using vista you can search for DPI scaling and set your whole fonts larger. This may help, let me know if it does.
Regular Contributor

I know I'm posting this everywhere and I'm at least a little bit sorry about that, but this is soooo frustrating, and it must have to do with the size of the ads on the right.  I completely understand that a company has to make money, and I don't really object to ads, but I seriously object to what that ad on the right is doing to the e-mail window.  This is not  a screen resolution problem, which seems to be what you think it is.  My resolution is 1064 by 768 (or whatever that is) and I have this problem.  The problem is new; my screen resolution has been the same for years.
Regular Contributor

Sorry about all the repeats Chris -- I don't think this is a screen resolution issue.  My screen resolution has been the same for years -- 1024x768 or whatever that first number is supposed to be.  My mail was always fine, and now it's not -- this has to do with the ad on the right squeezing the mail window, not on my screen resolution. 
Contributor

Ok, I did as you suggested, and when I did the control key &scrolled my front page went to the left of my screen and it ws about 12" total. Well I decided to restore it back to an earlier time,set it back two days since I was having no problems until today. It put my front page back to the origional size so ,I checked my mail. Now when my mail comes up it is of normal size until I go to read it, thenit is only about a quater of the page. Totaly unable to read the whole page. So I guess I had better either reset the resoloution so I can read my mail. Seems funny I have never had this problem before today. And the ad on the right of my screen is so large now.
Most Valued Poster
bigchris

What happens if you scroll the mouse wheel the other direction? One way will make the viewing space smaller, the other will make it bigger. It's the same as using ctrl and + or ctrl and -

Let me know.

btw, yes we're aware of the issue affecting 800*600 screen resolutions and are very urgently looking at what to do about it.
Contributor

HI,
        Well I can't beleive what's up now.  After I restored to an earlier date,I reset the resolution to 1024x768 checked my mail &there was no advertisement on the page at all. The mail looked fine until I opened up then I was right back to seeing only a quater of the page. Really be disgusted I restored back to even an earlylier time and although there is no advertisement Iam still only seeing part of my mail.And all of a sudden I have 4 weather figures, two on desktop,two on the toolbar! I'm ready to throw in the towel.
Most Valued Poster
bigchris

Restoring your PC is not the right thing to do. This issue is unrelated to the data on your machine. If I were you I would restore forward to the most recent time.
Official Employee
ComcastBillS

crsone wrote:
I know I'm posting this everywhere and I'm at least a little bit sorry about that, but this is soooo frustrating, and it must have to do with the size of the ads on the right.  I completely understand that a company has to make money, and I don't really object to ads, but I seriously object to what that ad on the right is doing to the e-mail window.  This is not  a screen resolution problem, which seems to be what you think it is.  My resolution is 1064 by 768 (or whatever that is) and I have this problem.  The problem is new; my screen resolution has been the same for years.

Do you have to horizontally scroll for ALL email?  A FEW email?  MOST email?  I use 1024x768 and rarely have to scroll horizontally.  I receive a ZDNet newsletter that requires me to scroll but other than that, most my email are fine.

For any email that requires you to scroll, and you do not mind forwarding, can you forward a copy to webmailprdmgr@comcast.net so we can investigate?  This way we can look at the source of the email and determine what the issue may be.

Thanks,
Bill

Contributor

Bill,
        I just restored my computer back to todays date like Chris said. and checking my mail, I can see my messages so far, the only thing is the advertisement on the right is gone,it says page not found,object does not exist. I can live with this.  I would not have restored it this morning except I had no screen icons on when I turned on my computor.So as long as I can see my inbox I guess that is ok. But should this happen with my mail again I will forward you a copy so you can see whats going on.  Thanks
Regular Contributor

Thanks -- I'll be happy to forward at least some of the mail so you can look into it.  It's not all my mail, but it's rather a bit of it.  Things from yahoo groups, the comics I get via e-mail, the headlines I get from the NY Times.  Anyway, today I'll send you a selection so you can look at it.
Regular Contributor

Oh hooray -- I just started looking at my e-mail and -- the horrid thing has been changed.  I assume I have to thank one of all of your folks for fixing the glitch and do -- heartily, mightily.

Thanks!!!!!  :smileylaugh: