New Visitor
barbe4
Accepted Solution

email denied

I tried to email pictures from my smart phone. Knowing there may be size limitations, I sent one photo per email.

Each email was rejected with what was decribed by the outgoing email account as error "550 550 Mailbox unavailable or access denied (state 14). It's very difficult to off load pictures from my phone and although I do not send email from my phone very often, it was one way I was able to accomplish the task. By the way a single message did get through, no different from any of the others. I am sending via a gmail account. Any help would be appreciated.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: email denied

Which smartphone? What are you using as the SMTP outgoing mail server? What account are you sending to?

I'm not sure how Comcast is involved here. Which email app are you using? I just checked m.comcast.net, and I can't send email with pictures from there. It's just not an option. I can send a picture from the Xfinity Mobile app's email. I can easily send a photo from my iPhone's mail app.

Isn't there a way to connect your phone to your computer and download photos?

New Visitor
barbe4

I was stuck taking pictures using my cell phone T-Mobile "My TouchG3".  I didn't expect to be taking pictures. Enough said. The camera allows no direct download to my computer that I can find. It only offers downloading via bluetooth, setting up a Picasa account, via an instant message, or Gmail. Remember the phone is Android and the bones have been developed by Google. If I'm missing something I'm too dumb to see it. I set up a Gmail Account soon after receiving the phone (1 1/2 yrs. ago). I just simply thought that I could send an email with an attached picture from my Gmail account to my comcast email account. I succeeded one time and it failed on all other attempts. I will now show you the message i received indicating a receipt failure (see below).

Delivery to the following recipient failed

permanently:

..........@comcast.net

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We

recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this

error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Mailbox unavailable or access

denied -< .........@comcast.com> (state 14).

Naturally I have left out my actual comcast emaill address. However Gmail says the problem is Comcast.

Is Comcast saying the problem is Gmail and I'm in the middle unable to easily off load pictures?

As far as the outgoing account info I'm still hunting. Remember I did receive one email with a single picture attachment. It's hard to find the Gmail outing account settings but I'll keep looking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Problem Solver

barbe4 wrote:

Delivery to the following recipient failed

permanently:

..........@comcast.net

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We

recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this

error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Mailbox unavailable or access

denied -< .........@comcast.com> (state 14).

There are two domains there, comcast.net and comcast.com. That error message is consistent with trying to send to comcast.com rather than comcast.net, so I'm kinda stumped about where the comcast.net came from. But it looks like you were sending to the wrong domain, our email addresses end with comcast.net, not comcast.com.

New Visitor
barbe4

I just noticed myself. The correct domain is .net  I've now sent all pictures successfully. Thanks for your help. I'm embarassed.