New Visitor
vespeights

email forwarding after canceling comcast service

If I was to cancel my comcast service would it be possible to forward email sent to my comcast email account for at least a month?

Thanks

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: email forwarding after canceling comcast service

[ Edited ]

Usually when you cancel Comcast you immediately lose the ability to access Comcast mail and anything else that requires your Comcast user name. Some people have reported being able to access mail for a short period of time after cancelling, but they eventually loose that access without any warning they will lose it.

Once cancelled, your account will no longer exist. People sending mail to that address will receive a bounce message stating "not our customer".

So no, you will not be able to have Comcast mail forwarded to you because the account will not exist.

If you use Xfinity Connect and have mail you don't want to lose, install an email client, configure it to work with Comcast mail, and download the mail to the client. It will then reside on your computer instead of the Comcast server. You will need to move any mail in folders to the Xfinity Connect inbox and download those into the client. Download the inbox first. Then in the client, create a Temp folder, move the mail to that folder. Then create folders with the same names as those in XC. Move mail from 1 folder to the inbox, download, and move to the newly created client folder. Repeat for each folder.

You will also need to export your address book.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

I'll be moving out of the Comcast area soon. If I keep my email address alive by paying you a fee, can I have you forward email to me for a month?

What would the charge be? (It seems unfair to have to pay the full charge since I would not have any connection to Comcast). All I want is to keep my email address alive for a month and have incoming emails forwarded to my new email address in an area where Comcast does not provide service.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

limited wrote:

I'll be moving out of the Comcast area soon. If I keep my email address alive by paying you a fee, can I have you forward email to me for a month?

What would the charge be? (It seems unfair to have to pay the full charge since I would not have any connection to Comcast). All I want is to keep my email address alive for a month and have incoming emails forwarded to my new email address in an area where Comcast does not provide service.

You will not be able to keep the email address after Comcast is cancelled. They do not have a "keep your email address for a fee" option.

As I stated in my reply above

If you use Xfinity Connect and have mail you don't want to lose, install an email client, configure it to work with Comcast mail, and download the mail to the client. It will then reside on your computer instead of the Comcast server. You will need to move any mail in folders to the Xfinity Connect inbox and download those into the client. Download the inbox first. Then in the client, create a Temp folder, move the mail to that folder. Then create folders with the same names as those in XC. Move mail from 1 folder to the inbox, download, and move to the newly created client folder. Repeat for each folder.

You will also need to export your address book.

If you don't already have one set up an email account using one of the free services such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. Inform all your contacts of the address and tell them to use it when they send you email. Do this before you cancel.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

Once again, you answered my message WITHOUT READING IT!

I'd be willing to pay to have my email forwarded. I offered to keep the account open, paying the full amount just to have a chance at advising those who emailed me that my address has changed. 

Never mind! I'll just email my contacts and advise each one that my address has changed (If I can contact them.

You know Comcast's internet service was not bad but you still answer questions without reading them.