Contributor
amam

email has no security Comcast is a JOKE

Comcast is a JOKE. I signed up today and was assigned my email. It is NOT mine. I am now getting email for various people around the country at my email. I called customer support and was told they do not handle email issues. I was told to call customer support and they had never heard of that. My phone has been disconnected. I have one cable box that has been updating for 9 hrs. and another that is 6 years old and well used. By the way this was a new installation.

What a great product. Yes, you guessed right, the installer did not speak ENGLISH. Every time I asked him a question he said SI SI. The installer had to use my ladders and he left wires all over the place. Comcast is a joke.

What a country.

I think comcast is a total JOKE and as a customer I have NO recourse.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: email has no security Comcast is a JOKE

If the email address was assigned to you by Comcast, you can get rid of it.

Right now it's probably the primary account holder.

To find out, log into Customer Central. I suggest you keep this page open so you can read the directions I will provide while you do this process. Go to http://xfinity.comcast.net/? A new window will open when you click the link.

Click on Account, sign in with the assigned name and password.

When Customer Central opens click the Users & Settings tab.

If you see the name and the word primary next to it you can continue with the steps.

Click Create secondary user. Enter the information to create the account.

Once it is created, follow the steps in Section 2 HERE: How to View/Pay your bill Online and/or Secure your Account to secure the account you just created.

Once it is secure and has been granted Unrestricted status you will need to change the primary ownership to the new account.

While still signed in as the primary account follow the directions here:

HOW TO CHANGE ACCOUNT OWNERSHIP

Once it has been changed, sign out.

Open your browser, go back to Customer Central and sign in with the NEW primary account.

Once back at Users & Settings, click the drop down arrow next to the account name, click the assigned name, then Suspend/delete account under Account Settings.

As for your other issues, do you have another phone you can use to call Comcast?

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
amam

I selected the email name through the comcast site.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

In that case, someone else may have had that name in the past and that persons contacts still have the address. Also, if spammers sent to it in the past they will likely still be sending to it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Official Employee
ComcastJordan

[ Edited ]

Thank you for lending a hand, Queen-Evie.  Your guidance is always very much appreciated.

Amam,

I'd like to assure you that you do have recourse.  I will have someone reach out to you shortly to see how we can help straighten things out for you.

Official Employee
cc_xc
Contributor

This is a company wide change that the agent on the phone said compact sent a letter to inform us that they were changing the email.  They are telling everyone that they don't know what's wrong but one agent told me they changed email view and the preference button does not work to change back to full view. Absolutely unethical and bad business. Very unprofessional. Comcast does what ever it wants to and does not inform their clients because they know they are a monopoly and we have no other choice.