New Visitor
krukky

email not sending

when trying to send email i get could not send message:mail.send_failure   this never happened before

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: email not sending

krukky wrote:

when trying to send email i get could not send message:mail.send_failure   this never happened before

Please post the entire error message you are receiving.

I will assume you are using XfinityConnect?  If not, post what youbare using for email.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Please provide us more detail information on the problem you are having.

New Visitor
krukky

yes i use xfinity

Email Expert
CCCarole

You need to copy/ paste the complete error message you are getting Into your reply please.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Visitor

I have been having the same problem, since Friday 10/12/12. Nothing was changed on my end. I use Xfinity Connect, lite version (changed to Lite version since I had another problem, not being able to view my entire mailbox), Windows vista. The exact message received every time I try to send an email is (on top, in a pink ribbon):

Could not send message.

New Visitor
apsbobv

Im getting the same message when I send email from Outlook or the Web Could not send message mail:SEND_FAILURE

I found emails that were bounced back to me that I did not send to what look like spam addreses like @googlegmail.com but nothing in my out box.

Any ideas? Im guessing this is a Comcast safey think, will it reset on it;s own?

Visitor

same problem here. no help from comcast after all day Monday on phone. they say its my software. found out later from another source that comcast is fooling around with the certificates and thats what is causing all these problems. I am not computer literate enough to fix the problem but after years and years with comcast and its prior owners I have never had such bad service.

I am running version 5.2 of Eudora and have been  running eudora for over 20 years without any problems. All of a sudden this weekend I can't send email but can receive it. Problem is with the certificate being used on the smtp server not now being recognized by the eudora program. my sent emails just queue up but don't go anywhere. you would think that after all the problems caused by this comcast would have a simple fix or show some concern for their customers.

I am a senior citizen and not a computer expert. I type slow to boot. I don't understand much of what the computer experts are talking about on forums but I know enough to say comcast knows about these problems and have done nothing to fix them.

Visitor

It's been 5 days and still I can't send any emails. Plus, every morning, I get bombarded with dozens of emails from "mail delivery" informing me that some phantom emails that I never sent could not be delivered. It is definitely some problem on Comcast end, since I haven't changed anything on my laptop for years! It is getting very frustrating!!

PLEASE HELP!!

Visitor

troutred wrote:

same problem here. no help from comcast after all day Monday on phone. they say its my software. found out later from another source that comcast is fooling around with the certificates and thats what is causing all these problems. I am not computer literate enough to fix the problem but after years and years with comcast and its prior owners I have never had such bad service.

I am running version 5.2 of Eudora and have been  running eudora for over 20 years without any problems. All of a sudden this weekend I can't send email but can receive it. Problem is with the certificate being used on the smtp server not now being recognized by the eudora program. my sent emails just queue up but don't go anywhere. you would think that after all the problems caused by this comcast would have a simple fix or show some concern for their customers.

I am a senior citizen and not a computer expert. I type slow to boot. I don't understand much of what the computer experts are talking about on forums but I know enough to say comcast knows about these problems and have done nothing to fix them.

I have been able to correct my problem with assistance from members of an Eudora forum which quickly discovered the problem to be with comcast's recent mucking around with certificates. Comcast should be greatly embarrassed by this issue and with its failure of their customer support people to diagnose the problem, especially in light of all the complaints pouring in, It's obvious that there is no communication from the comcast technicians and the people in call centers that are supposed to fix your problems. I am completely disgusted with comcast non-service.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

PLEASE HELP.  I can compose email but there is NO SEND BUTTON.....so I cannot send email or reply to email.....

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

post by giancarloo removed for violating posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines state (clickable link) which everyone should read BEFORE making a first post

Please Don't

Post personal information in the forums

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

Your full name
Your telephone number
Your Physical/Mailing Address
Email addresses
Credit Card numbers
Account numbers
Other personally identifiable information

Email Expert
CCCarole

giancarloo wrote:

PLEASE HELP.  I can compose email but there is NO SEND BUTTON.....so I cannot send email or reply to email.....

What are you using for email?  XfinityConnect, full or lite version?  To check:  Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences>Gneneral.  Which version is checked?

Which browser/ version are you using?  Have you cleared your browser cache?