Contributor
GStutttman

email not working

Comcast email stopped working Friday 8/24/12 about 5:30. When I started outlook the next morning all (I think) of the email was picked up. One of them received at 6:53 am 8/25/2012 had an internal sent date of Fri 8/24/2012 5:13 PM. I sent a test at 10:39 pm which was received at 4:54 am. I think the same thing happened last week but I did not check it as closely. I use a domain name to forward my email but that should not have any affect on what Comcast does with email. I can not figure out why Comcast email stopped working Friday night.

Contributor
GStutttman

Re: email not working

Today (8/30/12) the last email I received via comcast was at 5:06 am. It was sent at 4:26 am. Last Friday when I had the same problem I had changed my forwarding service to go to comcast and ATT. There are 39 emails at ATT since the one at 4:26 am.

Regular Visitor

I  can not open my email from the email list.

I get a spinning symbol on the page but I

can not  open the mail. I deleted cookies,

clean the browser.

Email Expert
Latoque

alig22 wrote:

I  can not open my email from the email list.

I get a spinning symbol on the page but I

can not  open the mail. I deleted cookies,

clean the browser.

A couple of things to try-------you can try using another browser to see if it duplicates the problem.  If it works OK, then the problem is with the first browser.  If you're using IE, then try Chrome or Firefox.  You could also reset your current browser to the default settings, but you will need to backup your favorites/bookmarks before you try it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
GStutttman

Summary of Today's (8/30/12) email problem. On the comcast web mail I have an email at 5:06 am. It was sent at 4:26 am. The next one shows at 11:18 and it was sent at 11:04. I use an ISP to forward email to both comcast and AT&T. In the webmail at AT&T there are 43 emails that show between the 2 emails I mentioned previously. What happened to the emails on Comcast? I spent over 10 minutes waiting on Hold for the next available agent. My guess is that comcast is working on their email system and they do not bother to tell anyone that the email is down.

Email Expert
CCCarole

It could have been something as simply as a server was down for a while.  I had maintenance here in my area this afternoon ( a rarity during daylight hours), couldn't get in for about fifteen minutes.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
GStutttman

I am now starting to get some of the missing emails. Twelve hours after they were sent. A server should not be down that long.

Contributor
GStutttman

Email not working should have been titled missing email.

All of this is my opinion.

My comcast spam filter had been turned on. I know I turned it off when I orginally changed from sbcglobal.net to comcast.net.  I think comcast's servers are over loaded because I am still getting email with internal sent dates of 8/30/12 7:30am today (9/3/12). I do not know when the spam filter had been turned back on. I know that I was missing some emails a few months ago. This was for a paid subscription.

Apparently the default on Comcast is to have the spam filter on which means it is their decision what email to just throw away.

I use Outlook and I want to turn off all spam filter except for what is in Outlook.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You can disable the Spam Filter for XfinityConnect by going to MY Account, which will take you to Customer Central.  Once there, click on the Users & Settings tab. Choose the Username you want to change the spam filter for in the drop-down box. A window will open.  Scroll down under Manage my Accounts to this;

Spam Filter.JPG

Tick on EDIT under Spam Filter

A window will open, change it there.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
GStutttman

Today I found out that Comcast was blocking my email forwarding service because of excess spam. The email forwarder said that they were in negotiations with Comcast to stop the blocking. Meanwhile I am in the middle and I am not getting my email. Tonight I had over 100 new emails from over the past week. I either have to find a new email forwarder or just put up with the delays in the email. One of the problems with delayed email is I got notification that a package was shipped after I received it.

Email Expert
CCCarole

It appears whoever you use for email forwarding is the problem because of their servers are allowing spam to go through.  They will need to work the issue with Comcast, as you have said.

Just an idea, maybe you should set up a Gmail account and forward email to it instead until the issue has been resolved?

I did find this information for you in the Security Tab.

Reporting Blocked Email

If email is unable to be delivered to a Comcast.net email address, it's possible the sender's email provider is blocked as an anti-spam precaution for Comcast customers.

The error message the sender receives contains a URL. This URL links to an FAQ with valuable information regarding the issue and steps necessary to request removal.

Email administrators can submit the blocked IP address to the Comcast Security Assurance department to determine if the IP address is eligible for removal by completing the Blocked Provider Request Form. Requests submitted through this form are reviewed on a 24 X 7 basis

Click here for a detailed list of error messages and associated FAQ's

New Visitor

use minimac and OS- K

Email Expert
Latoque

Are you using Xfinity/Comcast webmail, or a client program linke Mac Mail or Thunderbird?  What exactly happens?  Is it that you can't send emails, or that you can't recieve any or what?  I am on an iMac.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.