New Visitor

forward email

i have a lot of emails in my inbox and in various folders that i want to forward to another email account, as i am discontinuing comcast service.

when i try to forward even more than one email at a time, the forward button becomes inactive. that's pretty ridiculous, and i can't believe that this isn't possible in a more efficient manner.

please help. my account turns off jan 2 2006, and ive got about 1200 emails that id like to forward.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: forward email

As far as I know, you can only forward one at time in webmail and Outlook Express. And if you attempt a "rapid fire" forward of one right after another, Comcast may think you are a spammer. Someone else may be along with a suggestion on what you can do, but in the meantime you have 2 choices. Either keep forwarding OR save the mail on your drive. But that many on your drive will take up valuable computer real estate.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Most Valued Poster

If you're using a normal email client, there is no need to forward any messages, as they all reside on your computer.

If you have those 1200 messages residing on Comcasts mail servers, then your best option is to enable Outlook Express and then download those messages to your computer.

I don't know of any mail system that forwards multiple messages.

Bill

Thank you Bill. I didn't mention that the messages would still be in OE because I wasn't sure.

To Anon790165
You didn't mention how you access your mail.
If you access your mail through Webmail, you can easily set up Outlook Express.
Instructions for setting that up can be found
HERE.
After setting it up, simply move all your messages from your folders back to the inbox. Then launch OE and they should download to that. From there, you can easily set up folders and move them to those folders.
One more note, make sure to save addresses in your address book.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Most Valued Poster
Jason1

Anon790165,

As the others mention above, if you simply set up Outlook Express or any other email program to connect to your current Comcast.net account, this will download the messages to your personal computer where you will always have access to these emails from only this computer.

Also, Comcast offers the EasyChange tool to make it easy to transfer email and bookmarks from another ISP to Comcast. This tool is developed by a company named Esaya and you can also purchase their Trueswitch tool to transfer email from one email account to another. This tool makes it easy to change as you only need to enter the current and new addresses/passwords and the rest is done automatically for you. Go to www.trueswitch.com for more info on this and to purchase/download their tool if you want to utilize this method.
Contributor

e-mail photo session

I HAVE ,,WINDOWS XP,COMCAST E-MAIL,,,,I RECENTLY TOOK PHOTOS WITH MY NEW CAMERA PHONE,,AND SENT THEM TO MY E-MAIL..PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO SEND THEM ON TO OTHER COMPUTER E-MAIL ADDRESSES....THANX,,JC IN JOYZIE...
Most Valued Poster
Jason1

Re: e-mail photo session

Anon1476250,

First, please don't compose an entire message in all capital letters. In forums, this is considered shouting and it is also more difficult to read than using normal lower-case letters. Thanks.

Next, if you have sent the pictures to your Comcast email address and you are able to see these pictures in your email, if you simply want to forward the email you get to someone else, pull up the email and press the Forward button at the top of the email, put in the email address you want to send the message to, and send the message. This way, the individual you send the message to will see the exact same picture in the email that you see when you open your Comcast email.

However, if you want to compose an email and send multiple pictures to someone, you may want to first save the pictures that you sent to your Comcast email to your computer. Once the images are saved to your computer, simply start a new message by pressing the Compose button at the top of the Comcast email window and use the Add Photo button to insert each photo into your email. From here, you can type a message and include email addresses for those you want to send them to in the appropriate fields like sending a normal email.

Hope this helps but if you have additional questions, you may want to start a new topic in the email forum by pressing the Post New Topic link in the email forum and state your question. This will give more people who can answer your questions a chance to see your question - posting a reply in someone else's thread like this may hide it from others to see.