New Visitor

how can I save my email folders to my hard drive? I have outlook but haven't used it.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: how can I save my email folders to my hard drive? I have outlook but haven't used it.

[ Edited ]
Whuich version of Outlook do you have?  Have you set it up yet with the correct settings? This clickable link contains the settings you must use to access mail in Outlook.  Once you have Outlook set up, you can download your messages from the Comcast server to Outlook, and save from there. Post back if you need more help.
Message Edited by CCCarole on 01-22-2009 12:14 PM

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

THRU COMCAST? save my email folders to my hard drive?

Is there any way to do this (save, download, copy en masse or transfer folders to hard drive) from the Comcast site w/o using outlook? 
Email Expert
JR071702

Re: THRU COMCAST? save my email folders to my hard drive?

evdooley wrote:
Is there any way to do this (save, download, copy en masse or transfer folders to hard drive) from the Comcast site w/o using outlook? 

There are other e-mail clients available - free ones - other than Outlook.    Thunderbird and Eudora are the two most popular ones that aren't included with an operating system.    Windows Systems should have Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail depending on whether they are XP/2000 systems or Vista systems.

JR

Contributor

I use webmail because it allows me to access email from different machines and locations.  However, I do want to download some of the folders to hard drive. not an access issue - a saving the stuff issue.
Email Expert
CCCarole

I understand that.  But to save to the hard drive, you need to set up an e-mail client to download the messages contained in those folders TO the e-mail client.  Once on the e-mail client, you can save them anywhere on your pc (hard drive)  That doesn't mean you have to use the e-mail client all the time. The e-mail client can be set up to leave a copy of e-mail on the server, OR delete from the server after downloading to the e-mail client. 

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor

OK, got it.  Already did this, but didn't like using Outlook because I was bound to one machine, and went back to webmail.

Thanks.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Please understand that you can use webmail/SZ, but can also use Outlook just when you want e-mails received in webmail downloaded to Outlook.  Example:  I have webmail, and also have Outlook Express.  I can read my mail either place when at home, but if I am on vacation, I read it through webmail.  I have Outlook Express set up to 'leave a copy on the server'.  So- if I open webmail, my mail is there, if I open Outlook Express, my mail is ALSO there.  And- that means, the e-mail that I see in my Inbox of Outlook Express is now on my pc, I can read it, delete it, save, move it to another folder, move it anywhere I choose to on my pc.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Added note:  Is your operating sysytem XP or Vista?  If XP you should have Outlook Express on your pc already (it is a part of Internet Explorer)  If Vista, you have Windows Mail, which replaced OE on Vista operating ssystems.  Either could be used in place of using Outlook if you don't like Outlook.  (I have both, OE and Outlook)