Contributor
Accepted Solution

how to configure comcast email on HTC Hero Android phone

I am looking for the right settings so I can configure my email account on my new phone.  Info that I need to verify:

What is the protocol...Is it POP3?

If so, what is name of the POP server?

What is the Server port?

What is the security type?  None, SSL, TLS?

Thank you for any assistance.

Michelle

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: how to configure comcast email on HTC Hero Android phone

mchall wrote:

I am looking for the right settings so I can configure my email account on my new phone.  Info that I need to verify:

What is the protocol...Is it POP3?

If so, what is name of the POP server?

What is the Server port?

What is the security type?  None, SSL, TLS?

Thank you for any assistance.

Michelle

Pop3 and the port and server settings are the same as described here in the email HOW-TO sticky post for other pop3 clients:

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=2&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=...

Networking Expert
Baric

Comcast's email servers are POP3, the server name is mail.comcast.net.  You can use port 110 for plaintext email, or 995 with SSL for encrypted email (recommended).

For sending mail, the server smtp.comcast.net.  You can use port 25, 465, or 587.  With 587, you must have authentication, and I would recommend TLS (may be referred to simply as SSL as with many clients).

Contributor

Thank you!  I got it working, but the info you pointed me to will help me configure Outlook Express also.  I appreciate the quick response!
New Visitor

I have my sprint htc hero set up to pull email from comcast.net now when i deleat an email from the server it does not deleate it from my cell phone. do yo know the proper settings and port numbers that will fix this issue? thanks

Bronze Problem Solver

jeffpope0 wrote:

I have my sprint htc hero set up to pull email from comcast.net now when i deleat an email from the server it does not deleate it from my cell phone. do yo know the proper settings and port numbers that will fix this issue? thanks

That can't be done. Well, it's theoretically possible to do it, but I've never heard of a POP client that has that capability. On the other hand, many POP clients can delete an email from the server when the email gets deleted in the client, should that help. But, I dunno if your phone can be configured to do that.

New Visitor
17solis

Re: how to configure comcast email on HTC EVO Android phone

Hi all... I am trying to set up my email on HTC EVO... can someone please help?

New Visitor

Re: how to configure comcast email on HTC EVO Android phone

Did you ever get an answer to this?

New Visitor

I got a new Droid and when I enter a new event on my phone calendar, it is not synching with my computer.

I did not have this problem with my older Droid. Help and thanks.