Posted by
New Visitor

how to delete all emails at once

Posted by
Email Expert

Re: how to delete all emails at once

If you go to Preferences > Email in SmartZone, you can set the size of the "page" to 10, 25, 50 or 100 e-mails. Set it to 100 and you get the maximum amount per "page delete" (checking the box in the column heading line to check all of the e-mails on that page).

If you don't even want to do that, you can go into SmartZone Lite (Preferences > General and check SZ Lite and then Save. Then log out and back in.). Once you are in SZ Lite, highlight the Inbox folder and click the "Edit" link on the folder line.

You will then get a page that will say "Inbox" at the top and will have a check box in the middle of the page with the text "Permanently hard delete all items in this folder. This operation can not be undone." next to it.

Check the box and click on the "Delete all items" box. However, once you do, all the items in that folder (the Inbox in this case) are gone!!! They are not in the trash or anywhere else. And they cannot be brought back.

Frankly, I'd do the option that I started off with - that gives you a chance to change your mind on a particular e-mail.
JR

Posted by
Service Expert

[ Edited ]

I wish we had more than a subject to the post to go on, for providing suggestions, even though the issue seem to be described, we aren't sure what folder the OP is talking about.

If it's a personal folder they created, those folders can be emptied using the "Empty Folder" option when right-clicked.  Same with the Trash.  Of course those "all or nothing" options carry some risk of getting rid of things you didn't mean to.  (As JR indicated with his SZ lite suggestion, as well.)

Posted by
Email Expert
Posted by
New Visitor

This took me a while to figure out... but HERE IS HOW to delete ALL emails at ONE TIME!

customer service told me it could not be done.... go figure....

at top of the first email.. where it says "FROM"... to the left is a box....... THE KEY HERE IS!!!

hold your shift key down as you click the box... if you dont, you will only select 100...... if you do it right,    it will allow you to delete ALL   ( 43,000 for me)

Posted by
New Visitor

OMG, it works like a charm!!!!! I had over 14,000 and it was taking forever doing 100 at a time AND freezing my laptop in the process. I was soooo impressed with your advice I even cleaned out years of old comcast voice mail they same way. Don't forget to also empty your "trash" folder, folks too! Thx again :smileywink:

forevertrue wrote:

This took me a while to figure out... but HERE IS HOW to delete ALL emails at ONE TIME!

customer service told me it could not be done.... go figure....

at top of the first email.. where it says "FROM"... to the left is a box....... THE KEY HERE IS!!!

hold your shift key down as you click the box... if you dont, you will only select 100...... if you do it right,    it will allow you to delete ALL   ( 43,000 for me)

Posted by
New Visitor
New Visitor

Hmmm.....I'm only getting a hundred deleted at a time....What the secret?

Posted by
Email Expert

Did you try holding down the shift key when you clicked the box as suggested upthread?  But here is something else you might try---------from the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>Email Deletion Schedules.  Set the Inbox folder to some short period of time like 7 days or something.  But be advised, if you are using an email client like Outlook or Windows Live Mail, the settings in there will override the settings in Comcast Preferences.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments