New Visitor
CAB6

how to keep comcast email after move

Is there anyway to keep my comcast email address even if I move services?

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: how to keep comcast email after move

Are you asking if you can retain the same email name if you move to a new location but still with Comcast service?

or

Are you asking if you can keep your comcast email address if you move to another ISP?

New Visitor
CAB6

If I move to another ISP.
Networking Expert
kevj

you cannot keep your Comcast email address if you move to another service provider...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

Email Expert
CCCarole

Helpful hints:  If you are changing ISP's: 

Before your account is closed & you no longer have access to your messages, contacts, etc. 

1- Open an email account somewhere (such as Gmail) as soon as possbile.  Notify your contacts to use that email address.  (you can always give them a different one later if you choose to)

2-  Go into Smartzone, click on Preferences, then on the Address book.  Export your Address Book Contacts & save the file somewhere where you can locate it easily.  Later you can import the csv file into your new ISP email program, or import it into Gmail,etc.

3- If you may need your old saved messages, now would be the time to move them elsewhere as well.

4-  If you also use an email client, move everything there that you might want to keep as well.

Note:  When you close your account it could be immediately, a few days, or a month before you no longer have access to Smartzone.  ASSUME you will not have access immediately and take the steps outlined in advance.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
CAB6

How long can I keep my email address after I change ISP's to get everything changed over?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Once you cancel service with Comcast you will NOT have access.  Please re-read my previous post concerning that part.  Assume as soon as you cancel services your comcast email address will also NOT be unavailable to you.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.