New Visitor
bobaloorebop

how to switch from Verizon the Comcast email

I have a new Comcast email account. I cancelled my Verizon dsl service before I found a way to transfer my verizon email to comcast.net. How can I get emails sent to my former verizon email address.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: how to switch from Verizon the Comcast email

bobaloorebop wrote:

I have a new Comcast email account. I cancelled my Verizon dsl service before I found a way to transfer my verizon email to comcast.net. How can I get emails sent to my former verizon email address.

If you have already closed your Verizon account, you no longer have access to the email that was in the Verizon account.

You asked about sedning emails TO your former verizon email address???  If you no longer have an account with Verizon, you can't.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
bobaloorebop

I want to get the emails that are being sent TO verizon.net to be forwarded to comcast.net. Is there a way to have them forwarded?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Try using Trueswitch.  http://www.trueswitch.com/

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
henhouse-7

Was told to go to TRUESWITCH to change over and all I get is an ERROR MESSAGE or a question and answer page that states that the site has been shut down for updates.

What am I missing here?

Help - Sandy

New Visitor
henhouse-7

I am not very computer SAVY, that's putting it midly!

Use Windows Live Mail

Internet Explorer

Windows 7

Email Expert
Latoque

After clicking on that link from last May, it appears that Trueswitch has been permanently shut down.  So if you want to shift from another email service to Comcast, you will need to use the Comcast import feature.  Is that what you are trying to do?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
henhouse-7

Yes, and either I am filling in the boxes incorrectly in the easychange frame or I really am on the wrong track as I have gotten the "having trouble connecting" message repeatedly.

Thanks for replying, Sandy

Email Expert
Latoque

henhouse-7 wrote:

Yes, and either I am filling in the boxes incorrectly in the easychange frame or I really am on the wrong track as I have gotten the "having trouble connecting" message repeatedly.

Thanks for replying, Sandy

It has changed to a new service.  Look here----------

https://comcast.transfermyemail.com/start

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.