New Visitor

i was hacked

My email was hacked, and emails were sent to people in my address book. They are in the SENT box and I can see them. I changed my password. What else do I need to do. Funny thing is I have never had a problem until I spoke to a comcast rep the other day regarding the inability to make a payment on my account and he asked for my password which I find funny and my issue is still not solved!!!!

New Visitor

Re: i was hacked

Same exact thing just happened to me today.  I had a bunch of emails that were returned to me "undeliverable" and I noticed that the addresses all had a 3c in the front of them.  I was alerted to this when soneone send me an email stating that I had sent then a link (which I didn't)  What do we do for this??

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT PASSAWORD ASAP!

Then what I suggest is run a FULL SYSTEM Antiuvirus scan on your PC just in case.

If nothing is found, try a different Anti Virus program and run it again. There are plenty of really decent free anti virus programs out there;

bitdefender

Avira

Avast

AVG

to name a few.

After that I would suggest downlaoding Adaware and running a full system scan with it.

If anything is found and or fixed, once things are back to normal, you can uninstall adaware.

New Visitor
khartzell050501

This happened to me this morning, as well.  There are sent items in my mailbox, about 7 of them them, of various subjects and to various recipients from my contacts.  However, I was not logged into my comcast mailbox via a PC this morning.  I only ever use the web interface, never a client.  I was logged into my email from my Smart Phone, though.

Is is possible that the Comcast database was actually what was hacked, and that our contact lists were grabbed and now our accounts are being spoofed?  This happened recently to several people that I know who have yahoo accounts.  Scanning my PC or phone would have no impact if the data has already been grabbed and is resident elsewhere.

Can comcast look into this issue?

Regular Contributor

Security Expert
CajunTek

This message was moved due to an active phising link