Visitor

Re: iphone email

Hi, I'm having trouble with outgoing mail on my Iphone 32gs since I changed my passcode on my computer? I changed it with the Iphone as well, but it keeps saying the address is wrong...

New Visitor
JeffDeas

These settings worked for me on my 4S

Visitor

I can't send email from my new iPod4S.  I receive OK,  but get "rejected by server" when trying to send.  Please tell me where to start to solve this problem.  I've read several entries, but can't connect this with what's available on my iPod4S. 

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Did you recently change your password? Did you set it in two places on the iPod - both incoming and outgoing?

Visitor

Sorry to have misled you.  I was asking about my iPhone, not iPod.  The answer is "I don't know".  The salesman just transferred my data from the old phone.  Is there a way to see these settings on the iPhone?  I really haven't found it yet.  Please advise.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Look under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. You will see Accounts. Tap the one related to your Comcast account. Scroll down to the Outgoing mail server part and tap on SMTP and then the primary server (which should be on). You'll see the page I showed above. After making changes, tap Done and back out further to Done again. 

New Visitor
FTJJax

Re: IOS 5 Iphone 4 email Settings for COMCAST and AT&T Iphone 4.

These settings worked for me IPhone 4 / Sprint. I added the "other" SMTP server; All the other settings were the same and were what the phone orginally set up a few weeks ago.

New Visitor

I am trying to email pictures I took on my iphone to my email account.  It has worked in the past (as little as 2 weeks ago), but recently is not.  The pictures are in my outgoing box, and I get a message on the phone that it is unable to send them (SMT or something like that).

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

If it is still not working, try sending yourself a plain email (no photo). You might get a message about the SMTP settings. On your iPhone, go into Settings > Mails, Contacts, Calendar and tap on your Comcast account. Scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server setting labelled SMTP. Tap the arrow. You should see Primary server being smtp.comcast.net and On. Tap that arrow and be sure your screen looks like this and then tap Done:

iPhoneMail3.jpg

New Visitor
stewbabyluv

A solution.

I was having a problem with authentication errors that cropped up out of nowhere. I kept reinserting all the login, server and port numbers... still didn't work.

I ultimated just deleted my Comcast email account on the iPhone. Then I recreated a new account with the same information. Worked! Not only that, but all I needed to enter was my email address and password for the account. The iPhone automatically input the server info.

It may be because some wrong information was in the phone's cache and kept reverting to it. Deleting the account and starting over may have cleared that. Who knows?

Oddly enough, after I recreated the Comcast account, all my mail was still there. Go figure!

BTW, I called tech support on this issue. I wanted the server / port information for Comcast / iPhone. They switched me to the "Signiture Support" area who wanted to charge me $50 for the information.

Grand theft must be legal in my state.

New Visitor
flohoward

I have an apple iphone 3GS.  I have the current IOS 6 software on my iphone but I cannot send, reply or forward any email messages.  I can receive email just fine though.  I have checked my username, the name of the SMTP server, my password, Server port, and Authentication everything checks out. The only discrepancy I can find is the SMTP address is in lowercase and not uppercase.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Look at the settings in my screenshots at:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Screenshots-of-iPhone-5-mail-settings/m...

Those are what I have on my iPhone 3GS as well as my iPhone 5. Both are running iOS 6.

Be sure that the name field does not contain Comcast. Make sure the outgoing server is turned on.

Some people have needed to change their Comcast password to one that has both upper and lower case letters and at least one digit.

New Visitor
msfergus

don't be so quick to blame comcast for this email on the iPhone issue. I'm placing my bets on Apple being the problem - I think the IPHONE SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I miss my Blackberry. Every time there is an upgrade or change in sw on the iPhone everything changes and it gets worse, not better. iPhone Sucks.

New Visitor
Frekkaface

Thank u sooooo much. My email works great now! Ur so smart! U have my everlasting gratitude.
New Visitor
msfergus

i STILL CAN NOT SEND EMAILS FROM MY iPHONE!!!! Someone, please help!

New Visitor
cmjtea

Totally frustrated beyond words.  I have followed the steps as outlined below.  Still cannot send on i phone or i pad.

This is after 10 days and 5 phone calls to comcast to reset my password after I moved.  The installer all on his own created a new user name and password.  It took 10 days and 5 phone calls to fix it on the computer.  Today is the first day I am receiving e mails in Outlook.  Yesterday was the first day I received emails on i phone and i pad.

But cannot send as outlined above.............................

Any help will be appreciated.