Visitor

is there a way to alter that stupid "Draft Saved" message?

Other than turning it off? It plunks itself right in the middle of the text and hangs around for up to 20 seconds; it's a distraction & productivity impediment when it lands right in the middle of the lines I'm composing. I'm using Chrome & have turned it off for now, but the "autosave drafts" feature is very useful and I'd like to use it. Just ditch the message.

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: is there a way to alter that stupid "Draft Saved" message?

Yeah, I have to agree, I get the same behavior in Safari v5.0.5. 

Have you considered using a real email client and not using Xfinity Connect all all?  Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.  I personally use Mac Mail and Outlook (depending on what computer I'm using).  I only touch XFC when I need to verify something.

Email Expert
JR071702

If you don't like where the message is appearing, do what I just did:  Click on the link in my sig to enter feedback on the feedback page.   Below is what I wrote.

In Xfinity Connect, the notifications (Draft Saved, Message Sent, etc) are showing up in the middle of the compose window - which distracts many users.

Is there any way that the XC Development Team can please move this message to the top of the Xfinity Connect Window (at the same level as the "Xfinity Connect" banner?    That way, the notification would still be done and would not distract the users.

Sincerely,
JR

Email Expert
CCCarole

I would also turn off the Preference to automatically save the draft when composing.  Preferences>Composing>Gneral under Composing Preferences.  Untick the box and click on save to save the change.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

yes, that's what I turned off, but I really do want the autosave feature, just not the fershlugginer message.

New Visitor
dereksibo

Yes, Comcast, please fix this issue.  Put that draft saved message somewhere else in the window. Just not in the actual message you're trying to type.  From the post dates I see that this issue has been around for quite a while with many people interested in getting this changed.  What does it take to get it fixed?

New Visitor
sjoice

Does Comcast even monitor these groups?

I too would like to leave the Autosave featue on, but not have that useless pop-up every minute. Ideally add an option to turn pop-up off. Alternatively, add an option to adjust the autosave frequency--like a choice of 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes.

Email Expert
CCCarole

sjoice wrote:

Does Comcast even monitor these groups?

I too would like to leave the Autosave featue on, but not have that useless pop-up every minute. Ideally add an option to turn pop-up off. Alternatively, add an option to adjust the autosave frequency--like a choice of 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes.

The Help Forums are monitored primarily by other Users like yourself.  A Comcast employee steps in from time to time.  You can identify a Comcast employee by their Username, which is always in red text.

On the Comcast homepage, on the bottom right side, you can submit feedback and your request fo these changes.  I will pass your post on to the Administrator though.

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Email Expert
Latoque

I will suggest you use an email client program like Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.  That way you can turn off the auto-save feature in XC webmail, and use the one in the client program instead.  I use Thunderbird, and in the preferences fot it I can set the time interval at which I want to auto save a draft message, or turn it off.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Administrator
ComcastLarry

sjoice-

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass along your recommendation to the email team.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor

can you tell me how to take off the auto draft completely?

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]
No you cannot remove it. But you can go to Preferences-Email- Composing and unstick the box to automatically save Drafts. CC

New Visitor

Hi sir...I had the same "draft" e mail problem you posted about.  The thing drives me nuts.  Did you find out a way to take that silly thing off?????  Thanks for your help.

New Visitor

Question....did you ever find out how to take off that bothersome "draft saved" message that appears?  If so, can you share it with me?  Thanks....Rocky

New Visitor

Question....did  Comcast ever reply to you? Were you able to resolve this bothersome issue?

Email Expert
Latoque

rockyruggiero wrote:

Question....did you ever find out how to take off that bothersome "draft saved" message that appears?  If so, can you share it with me?  Thanks....Rocky

Yes----you just turn it off.

Preferences>>>>Email>>>Email Preferences>>>>>Composing>>>>

Then just uncheck the box next to "Automatically save drafts of messages while you are composing".

Works for me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.