Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

m.comcast.net email not working....

As of 04-25-13 m.comcast.net email is forwarding to the calendar page instead of the email page.  I just see a blank screen where the email normally is.  All the other tabs are working correctly.

People are reporting a similar issue with the Xfinity Mobile app although they're saying it's partially fixed now.  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-Connect-Mobile-App/Xfinity-Mobile-App-email-goes-to-calendar/td... The app isn't available for my Nokia Symbian OS phone though.  I've tried two different phone browsers with the same results.

If you go to http://m.comcast.net/m/ on a computer browser and hover your mouse over the email you can see it's pointing to http://calendar.comcast.net/xcon.

Anyone else with similiar issues?  Thanks

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: m.comcast.net email not working....

[ Edited ]

I just typed m.comcast.net, just that, nothing else... as I always do and went directly to the mobile email.

I also clicked on your link and went right in too.

Clear your cache maybe?

CC

M.comcast.net.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

What is the email URL you're getting forwarded too please.

Service Expert
Again

STPL wrote:

As of 04-25-13 m.comcast.net email is forwarding to the calendar page instead of the email page.  I just see a blank screen where the email normally is.  All the other tabs are working correctly.

People are reporting a similar issue with the Xfinity Mobile app although they're saying it's partially fixed now.  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-Connect-Mobile-App/Xfinity-Mobile-App-email-goes-to-calendar/td... The app isn't available for my Nokia Symbian OS phone though.  I've tried two different phone browsers with the same results.

If you go to http://m.comcast.net/m/ on a computer browser and hover your mouse over the email you can see it's pointing to http://calendar.comcast.net/xcon.

Anyone else with similiar issues?  Thanks

I see the same link that you do, but when I click on email it takes a bit to load, but I do get the email listing.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Regular Contributor

Thanks Again. I just waited 5 minutes and I'm still stuck on the http://calendar.comcast.net/xcon/ blank page.  It seems odd that some people with the Xfinity app were having the same issues starting yesterday.  Something's changed.  I've used it successfully for years.  Why does the email link point to the calendar?

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Bruce.  Not that I paid much attention to the email URL before but zimbra sounds very familiar.  When I go to http://smartzone.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/m/zmain on my phone it looks like my mobile login page but then after logging in it forwards me to the regular xfinity.comcast.net site.  My emails do show there but I don't want to load that whole page on my phone just to see my emails.  The mobile site email link worked fine two days ago.

Contributor
larocqueman

I've been getting redirected to calendar for 2 days now Comcast has been no help. Wasted an hour with them.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I did notify the Administrator of this htread.  But since it is the weekend, he may not see that notification until the beginning of the business week.

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Regular Contributor

I appreciate you reporting it CC and glad to see I'm not alone.  Hopefully they can come up with a fix.

Visitor

I have been having this problem for a long time. Off and on I can't create an email, nor forward or reply; with only a white screen appearing.  Now it has gotten more annoying, in that I had created draft emails, that are now locked - meaning I can't edit them and then send the drafted email.  I have called Comcast twice on this problem. Both times were told they do not see it being a problem - even though (most recently) the technician entered my account and had the exact same problem. Then the technician was able to create an email from my account (to: my account).  But then I couldn't reply to my that email (from my account).   

This problem is more than impacting social needs for email to work properly. My child is quite ill and the drafted email is for her physician at a Boston hospital.  I stressed the importance of this issue and they finally created a 'ticket' to send the technical issue to their technical department. I was told it would be resolved in 24-48 hours. The ticket was sent over 48 hours ago.

Contributor
larocqueman

These problems are occurring with smart phones. It is xfinity's mobile web site that has the problem. I see that many different types of phones have had this problem which still exists.

Official Employee
ComcastJordan

The issue with m.comcast.net should now be resolved.  We discovered a redirect wasn't functioning as expected and fixed the issue on Friday.  If you're still having issues accessing email through m.comcast.net, you'll want to clear your browsing history and try again.

Official Employee
ComcastJordan

Carol,

An updated version of the mobile email site is coming very shortly.  It should address many of the issues you're mentioning.  

Email Expert
CCCarole

Jordan,
Thank you for the update, I appreciate it.

Carole

Visitor

Dear Jordon, thank you for working on the problem. Unfortunately it has not resolved the problem for my account (ticket #CR318822125).  I have cleared all browsing data 2 times since I viewed your posting; as well as logging out and closing the window; then relaunching Chrome.  I still am unable to create a new email, reply, or edit a drafted email message; when accessing via my INBOX.

FYI: I access comcast email from the xfinity online website access; not a mobile phone, nor front end (ie. Outlook).

Please let me know ASAP when you can resolve the problem. Thank you. - Carol

Contributor
larocqueman

I cleared my browers history. Stil is not working. Same isssue.

Clicking on email at

m.comcast.net/m/

is always directed to

calendar.comcast.net/xcon/

which is a blank screen.

Regular Contributor

It not fixed for me either on both of my smart phones browsers.  The same issue as larocqueman described.

Official Employee
ComcastJordan

What do you see if you go to http://smartzone.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/m/zmain directly?

Regular Contributor

As I posted above.  "When I go to http://smartzone.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/m/zmain on my phone it looks like my mobile login page but then after logging in it forwards me to the regular xfinity.comcast.net site.  My emails do show there but I don't want to load that whole page on my phone just to see my emails."

Contributor
larocqueman

Same as STPL. That is not a useful page for a phone.

Visitor

Jordan, to answer your question, when I clicked on " http://smartzone.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/m/zmain directly" I am brought to a very basic (non html) Zimbra Inbox (access) to email - but much prefer the layout that I have had for email, since I started with Comcast over the past 5 years.

Regular Contributor

Carol I think you need to start your own thread.  You're bringing up a totally different issue that has nothing to do with my original post and is confusing the issue.  My post has to do with smart phone access on the mobile m.comcast.net site only.

"FYI: I access comcast email from the xfinity online website access; not a mobile phone, nor front end (ie. Outlook)."

Good luck with your issue but it's not the same problem we're having.

Official Employee
ComcastKen

Hi All,

I'm trying to replicate the issue (I have an iPhone 5 on IOS 6.1) but am unable to get a blank page.  Can the users seeing the issue please let me know what phone and version of OS they are running?  It will help us replicate the issue quicker.

Thanks,

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ken try the Opera Mini browser which I've been using for years successfully until last week.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/iphone

It's in the app store too. TY

I'm on a Nokia Astound Symbian OS phone running Anna.

Visitor
salam001c

STPL wrote:

Ken try the Opera Mini browser which I've been using for years successfully until last week.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/iphone

It's in the app store too. TY

I'm on a Nokia Astound Symbian OS phone running Anna.

Thanks STPL, 

I'm downloading the Opera browser and will try it out.  

Contributor

I have iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1. I had a problem last week. I was just redirected to this thread and tried going directly to the zimbra URL. It asked for my login info and then instead of bringing me to email it brought me to a page with several "buttons" on it (email was one of then). This time when I clicked the email button it brought up a new window with mobile email in it. So it ultimately worked this time but redirected me and caused an unnecessary new browser window to open up. So it's better, but still not great.
Regular Contributor

salam001c Opera Mini is NOT working any longer with m.comcast.net since last week.  I just posted it for Ken to replicate my problem.

InquisitiveOne I'm glad someone can see their emails.  Unfortunately I'm not one of them. 

Visitor
salam001c

[ Edited ]

STPL wrote:

salam001c Opera Mini is NOT working any longer with m.comcast.net since last week.  I just posted it for Ken to replicate my problem.

InquisitiveOne I'm glad someone can see their emails.  Unfortunately I'm not one of them. 

Hi All,

Thanks to STPL for the tip about using Opera browser.  I was able to replicate the issue on my iPhone.  I'll be logging a bug for this with the developers.  In the meantime, if possible, you can try using a different browser on your mobile device.  Also, if you have an iPhone or Android device, you can download the XC Mobile App.  In the meantime, I'll update this thread as soon as we can get a fix.

Thanks,

Contributor
Contributor

FWIW, email on the CC mobile site is no longer working on my Sony PSP either.  I've been able to check my mail with it for several years but now it just displays a blank page, like you're experiencing. Same problem, I'm sure.  Looking forward to a fix or for it to be un-messedup.

Official Employee
ComcastKen

A fix is in place and is in QA hands for testing.  Once QA completes their testing and no other issues are found, the release will go out.  Maybe even by tomorrow if all goes well.

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
Contributor
larocqueman

Thanks Ken.

Could you post when the fix is released?

Thanks,

JL

Official Employee
ComcastKen

HI All,

The fix is in place and I verified on my Opera mini browser that there is no longer a blank screen.  It goes to the email page now.  Can you please verify on your end and let me know.  You might need to clear your cache or close all browsers on the phone and then load up the page again.

Thanks,

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
Contributor
larocqueman

The email is now working on my phone. It looks a little different but it is readable.  I'm using opera mini on a LG Rumor.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee it's working.  It's working fine on Opera Mini and my stock browser.  Thank you to CCCarole, ComcastJordan, ComcastKen and salam001c for your help!

Email Expert
CCCarole
Visitor
MarkR51

I am using Android and I'm experiencing the same problem it tries to go to calendar.  I called comcast, they put me over to Phillipines and wanted $49 to fix, they were clueless.  I called verizon and they pointed me to this forum and said eventually comcast will put in a fix.

Any help on solving this is appreciated!!!!

Visitor
MarkR51

I have a smart phone Android and as of this morning the problem still exists.  When you click on email icon it gets stuck trying to go over to calendar.  Please try to resolve!!!!!

Visitor
MarkR51

Ken,

Is anyone working on the fix for the android?????????  Again I click on email and it trys to go over to calendar.

Email Expert
CCCarole
New Visitor

Re: m.comcast.net email not working correctly

This evening 7/16 something changed with m.comcast.net - it has worked fine for months on my Android but this evening it changed. It gets me to the page where I can choose Email, DVR Manager, Queue, etc., but then it takes me to a new look for email - and I can't scroll down to any of the messages. I have the Xfinity app but have liked using the m.comcast.net site better. I went to online chat and after two agents, they are clueless. I typed in that site on my laptop and it looks the same as on my phone now, but I can scroll thru messages. Does anyone else know what I am referring to? I have been Binging and checking Comcast's site - not finding any info.

Contributor

The whole mobile site was screwy for me. Does it require java or JavaScript? I want to change my spam setting but it sent me to a blank screen when I tried to update preferences.
New Visitor

It is something on their end and it doesn't like the Android browser. I have the Android app but don't like it as well as I do getting webmail via the browser, and the Android email application that came with the phone doesn't work in real time as far as deleting messages, etc., so it's not ideal. I wonder if there's a workaround because it still won't let me scroll down thru messages - it shows me 3 messages and that's it. I would just like to hear them admit that they did something, cos I know it isn't me - I didn't do anything different last night than I had been doing for months!!!

New Visitor
jaiscapes

Yes, I also started having this problem this July 2013. I use an android. Any fixes yet? Keeps redirecting me to calendar.comcast.net, can only see top 3 emails, won't allow me to scroll, replying to an email brings up a page where I can see the html code. What a mess. Can't rely on my comcast email on my phone anymore. Does anyone have a solution? Called comcast on for 45 minutes to no avail.

New Visitor
griffin0281

I'm new to Comcast email. Same thing happens. I get the "clear browser" message then blank white screen.