New Visitor

moving/exporting folders and addressbook to another email account

i have a need to move my SmartZone email folders to my personal email account, is there away to export entire folders containing multiple email so they can be imported to a second account?

Email Expert
JR071702

Re: moving/exporting folders and addressbook to another email account

[ Edited ]

You would need to forward individual e-mails to that second account.

The address book can be exported/imported as follows:

Exporting SZ Address book (in regular SZ)
What you can do is to go into Preferences in SmartZone after signing in as the primary. Click on Address Book and you'll see an Import/Export area. Export your Address Book (in Zimbra CSV or Comcast Contacts format). Make a note of the location where you created the CSV.

Exporting SZ Address book (in SZ Lite)
Go into Preferences in SmartZone. Click on Address Book and down at the bottom of that page, you will see a link "Additional options can be found on the manage address book page." Click on that link. The resulting page will have an entry in the middle of the page:

Export to .CSV: http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net:80/home/xxxxx@comcast.net/Contacts.csv

(the sz0004.wc will be different and the xxxxx@comcast.net will be your e-mail address). Just click on that link to initiate the export. Make a note of the location where you created the CSV.

Sign out of SmartZone as the primary and sign in as the secondary. Go into the same area in Address Book Preferences and browse for the CSV you exported above and after selecting it, click on the Import .CSV file. That should populate the secondary account's address book with a copy of the primary's.

Do the same thing (the import part) for any of the other secondary accounts that you want to have the same address book.

JR