Contributor

obnoxious emails

Can anyone tell me how to stop abusive obnoxious emails? They always name people in my address book however are sent from a different adress I has never heard of. I was told by Comcast to forward the emails to abuse@comcast.net . I have been doing this for 3 months and the emails keep coming 2-5 per day. At this point I'm ready to cancel my email account with comcast. Is anyone else having this problem?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: obnoxious emails

Hello,

Try setting up a email filter to block those emails you dont want.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You said they are naming contacts from your address book... Have you changed your passwword yet?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
Latoque

As reasd suggested, set up a filter if the messages are coming from the same email address all the time.  But set it to forward the message back to the sender.  That way you don't even have to look at it and they get it right back at them.  Have a bit of fun with it.:smileylaugh:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Service Expert
Again

Latoque wrote:

As reasd suggested, set up a filter if the messages are coming from the same email address all the time.  But set it to forward the message back to the sender.  That way you don't even have to look at it and they get it right back at them.  Have a bit of fun with it.:smileylaugh:

I don't recommend this as you might be reported for spam yourself.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Contributor

I think Comcast doesn't know how to stop this from happening. They gave me the same instructions and the obnoxious emails keep coming. 2-5 per day.

New Visitor

I too receive these "obnoxious emails" as well as a friend of mind.  How do we get them to stop...it's been going on for MONTHS!!  Comcast...please help!!!!!!!!

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

tmf23 wrote:

I think Comcast doesn't know how to stop this from happening. They gave me the same instructions and the obnoxious emails keep coming. 2-5 per day.

You need to understand how spam filtering works.  I subscribe to a nice website called "Ask Leo".  The owner of the site is a computer/internet geek and expert, (he used to work at Microsoft) who has a number of good articles in his database relating to email.  Spam happens folks.  There is no way to stop someone from sending you an email.  The best you can do is work with your spam reporting button and train the filters as to what you think is junk or not.  And it takes time.  Just remember that not everyone shares your notion of what is or is not desirable in their Inbox.  Here is a good explanation of what I mean from Leo Notenboom, the owner of the website-----

How Spam Filtering Works

Feel free to wander around at his site.  It's free and you may even want to subscribe yourself.  The question came from one of his subscribers like me, and that person was using AOL email, but the technology is common to most mail providers, including, I think, Comcast.  And never, ever, respond to junk mail.  It just confirms to the spammer that your email address is valid and in use.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.