New Visitor
motha

opening links in email text

I suddenly cannot open any links from my email messages --- evites, links to websites -- nothing works.  Pop-up says not allowed on this computer, contact system administrator.  Not sure what changed or what I should change.  Help!  Very inconvenient.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: opening links in email text

[ Edited ]

How to resolve your issue:

Internet Explorer:
If you are using the Internet Explorer pop up blocker included with Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3
these instructions work with IE6, IE7 and IE8.

Go to Tools at the top of this page.

Internet Options/Privacy tab.

Click on Settings in Pop-up Blocker.

Add the following to the Allow line:

*.mail.comcast.net

While in Internet Options check the blocking level. If it is set to high, reset it to medium.

Close out Internet Options, see if the links will open.

If you use Firefox as your browser follow the directions here http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Pop-up%20blocker?s=popup+blocker&r=0&e=es&as=s to add *.mail.comcast.net to the allowed list.

If you use a different blocker, just look on the bottom or top of the page to see if you get a notification that one has been blocked when you click on the link. If you do, you can usually click the notification icon and will be able to allow pop ups from *.mail.comcast.net

Post back with the name of the one you use if you can't figure it out, and someone will help you. Also post what browser you use if you use one other than the 2 mentioned above.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
fara-f

Re: opening links in email text

When I try to click on a link in the email or a Word text I get this message: “ This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer”. I tried your suggestion and typed in (*.mail.comcast.net), but the problem is still there.

I never had this problem before, and the only thing that I have done recently is adding additionalRAMto my computer just before this problem happened. I have an XP system.