Contributor
Accepted Solution

paste a picture into email

How do I paste a picture into an email message? 

When I copy a picture and then try to paste it into an email by clicking "paste", nothing happens.

I can paste the picture into a word or other document but not an email.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: paste a picture into email

zabu wrote:

How do I paste a picture into an email message? 

When I copy a picture and then try to paste it into an email by clicking "paste", nothing happens.

I can paste the picture into a word or other document but not an email.

Attaching Files or Photos From Your Computer in the SmartZone

NOTE:  Remember if you want the picture to show in the email itself, and not as an attachment, you must tick the box 'Shown Images in message body'.

You might want to bookmark the Smartzone FAQ link shown below for future refernce too.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

I've tried that but it still doesn't work.  It works with most pictures but

the picture I'm having trouble with was  a drawing scanned into the computer on my scanner.  Could this be the reason why and can anything be done about that?

Email Expert
CCCarole

zabu wrote:

I've tried that but it still doesn't work.  It works with most pictures but

the picture I'm having trouble with was  a drawing scanned into the computer on my scanner.  Could this be the reason why and can anything be done about that?

zabu,

What is the size of the drawing?  (right click on properties of the drawing to see the size)  What file format was the drawing saved in?  jpeg?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor

It's a JPEG file.  21.1 kb (301x235)

Email Expert
CCCarole

You should be able to attach it.  What happens when you try, following the attachment directions posted?  Are you getting an error message?

Where do you have that .jpeg saved?

CC

Contributor

It's kind of wierd.  It's in My Pictures library.   I don't have any trouble pasting other pictures located there.

I also pasted it into a word file and tried to attach it into the email from the word file.  It just shows as an attachment and is not in the body of the email even though I click that it should be.

If I click on Copy and then Paste in the email, I don't get anything.

Email Expert
CCCarole

zabu wrote:

It's kind of wierd.  It's in My Pictures library.   I don't have any trouble pasting other pictures located there.

I also pasted it into a word file and tried to attach it into the email from the word file.  It just shows as an attachment and is not in the body of the email even though I click that it should be.

If I click on Copy and then Paste in the email, I don't get anything.

You cannot copy & paste a picture using Smartzone. You need to attach it using the Add attachment feature in Smartzone. For it to appear embedded in the email, you need to tick the box to show the image in the email.

1-Have you tried just attaching it, not trying to embed it?  What happens?

2- Have you tested by trying to attach the picture and sending it to yourself? 

3- Do try that & post back if it was successful or not.

4- Please also let us know if you are receiving any error message when sending that email.

CC

Recognized Contributor

I don't think it's been established if zabu is using The SmartZone or a different email client.  Zabu, I use Outlook Express 6 as my email client and have never been able to copy any image and paste it into the body of an email.  If I want to put an image into the body of an email, I must use the Insert Image icon.

When I go to The SmartZone with my web browser, Internet Explorer 7, I can not copy and paste any image into the body of an email. I must attach it and tick the box 'Shown Images in message body' to make the image appear in the body of an email.

Contributor

no problem attaching the image as a regular attachment.  it's only if I try to embed it that it doesn't show up in the body of the email.

there are no error messages.

i'm trying to use this image as a logo on an invitation for an art opening that I would like people to see when they open the email without having to download an attachment. 

i was able to upload the image into eventbrite.com, but the format of that announcement doesn't work for the artist.

thanks for all your help

zabu

Email Expert
CCCarole

Hook1- You are correct, hopefully the OP will clarify what email program she is using to attach a picture. but I did provide a link to the Directions for attaching a picture using Smartzone.

If you ARE using an email client, such as Outlook Express, to have the picture show in the body of the email:

Click on Insert, then on Picture, then browse to where you have the picture stored.  (My Pictures Gallery) Highlight it by clicking on it,  then click on Open, and finally, click on OK.  The picture should appear in the body of the email.

If you want to attach the picture as in attachment in Outlook Express or another email client:

Click on Insert- & at the top of the window where it shows 'Look In' in the field, click on the drop down arrow and then click on the folder that contains the picture.  Once My Pictures gallery is in the Look In field, you can scroll through to find that drawing in the foldder.  Highlight it, and click on ATTACH.  Now you should see the attached file in your compose window with the word attach and the name of the drawing file next to it.

Email Expert
CCCarole

zabu- Check your PM's- Click on the yellow envelope at the top of the page to open the PM (Private Message) to read.

CC

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Does the logo contain a wesbite url, a phone number,etc? 

What are you using for email?  Smartzone OR an email client?  Which one?

CC

Contributor

using Smartzone.

no url

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

zabu wrote:

using Smartzone.

no url

The FULL version or the Lite? I am thinking you are using the LITE version, which is why you cannot embed the picture.  If you see a green strip across the top when you go into smartzone, & it says, Smartzone Lite'hat is the problem.

Another way to determine which version is to look at the url in the address bar.  If you are seeing the letter h' after the word zimbra, you are using Lite.

Now, if you ARE using Lite, you can only attach the logo.

We can try to get you into the full version, where you can embed the image.... let us know which one you are using & we can proceed.

CC

Contributor

looks like i am using the full version.

no strip at top with lite and no h after zimbra

Email Expert
CCCarole

The problem is you are attaching a Word document with the file format .docx.  Check your email.  I sent you a sample email of YOUR text, with MY image.

If you can send me just the drawing, I will fix it up for you.  Attach just the drawing itself, not the document.

Also know that everyone cannot read attachments created with the .docx file extension, so you are always safer using the .doc file format instead.  You can open the file and change it using Save as-Under the drop down menu choose Word 97-2003 Document (.doc)