Contributor

setting up new email address

i have been trying to set up a new email address to add to my comcast.net acct.  i have followed all of comcast's instructions numerous time and haven't been able to complete process.  i have clicked users and setting from the proper page and "create new email address" never comes up.  can you help

thank you   pat

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: setting up new email address

madamtweed wrote:

i have been trying to set up a new email address to add to my comcast.net acct.  i have followed all of comcast's instructions numerous time and haven't been able to complete process.  i have clicked users and setting from the proper page and "create new email address" never comes up.  can you help

thank you   pat

A few questions that may help us to help you.

Have you cleared your cache?  Are you sure you are signed in with the Primary Account Owner's Username and password?

Which browser do you use?  IF you use IE8, check this:  Go to Tooks>Internet Options> Dete button.  A new window opens.  At the top if the window, make sure that "Perserve Favorites Website Data is NOT checked.

If you are signed in as the Primary Account owner, you should see a window like this one.  Notice that there is a small blue link to the left of the drop-down which reads:'Create secondary user'.  Do you see that?

My account & secondaries.jpg

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

i am using IE7 so i am not seeing the things you have listed.  i am signed in with primary acct owners username and password.  i don't see the manage my user accts either

Email Expert
CCCarole

madamtweed wrote:

i am using IE7 so i am not seeing the things you have listed.  i am signed in with primary acct owners username and password.  i don't see the manage my user accts either

Did you go ahead and clear your cache?  Try it, then close and reopen your browser.  In the meantime, I will notify the Administrator of your posts.  It is the weekend, so will not be seen until Monday.  If you'd like, you can send him an email with all the details ahead of time.  Send all:  Full name, service address, home phone ( and/or a phone number where you can be reached easily) your account number, and a link to your post.

Send to: Detreon_Roberts@comcast.com

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

thank you very much - i sent him an email.   pat