Contributor

smartzone email login

Hello,

I cannot get the login page to access email to come up from smartzone. Every time I click on the Email tab, it re displays the smartzone home page. this just started happening this morning. What is going on?

woodwerker

Email Expert

Re: smartzone email login

If it displays the SmartZone home page, you're already logged in. You only get the login page if you're not logged in.
Contributor

Am having the same problem.  Also sends me back to the home page when I click on Voice, TV and Hi Guest (sign in).  If I'm already signed in, how do I access my email?
Contributor

Hi Thanks for your reply. Yes, but it won't flip to the Email home page when clicking the email tab if I'm already logged in (it should). If I'm not logged in, clicking the tab should take me to a login page. Neither is happening. Now today I recieved some email (I was logged in already it turns out) and it would let me into the Email home page. After I viewed and processed the Email and went away to do something else, it would not let me back in later - even though I remained logged in. Thoughts?

woodwerker

Contributor

Yup. Sounds just like what is happening to me.
Email Expert
CCCarole

Have you cleared your cache recently?  (temporary internet files & cookies)

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Yes, yesterday
Contributor

Hi

Yes, I have cleared the cache.

woodwerker

Email Expert
CCCarole

I will ask a Moderator to review this thread.  Can each of you please post which version of Smartzone you are using (regular or lite) and what browser? Also make sure you don't have your antiviruss scanning your mail since Comcast already does that.  Thanks.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for digging deeper. How do I find out which version I'm using? The URL is just comcast.net, no lite. I'm using firefox.

Thanks

woodwerker

Email Expert
CCCarole

The url in the address bar for Regular would look similar to this one:  But the numbers after sz would be different if you are on a different server.

http://sz0003.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail#1

The url for Lite also has a green strip across the top and would look like this:

http://sz0003.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/home?mesg=welcome

Lite has the 'h' after the word zimbra in the url.

Hope that helps.

Contributor

I hope you're last email was helpful.  My url is just  http://www.comcast.net/ and stays that way even when I try to get into email from the home page.  I clicked on your regular link and got into my email.  Tried again from the home page but still doesn't work.

I use Internet Explorer

Contributor

Hi again,

You can only see that URl when in the Email home page. Somehow I was allowed into Email again and I determined I have regular. But then I signed out and attempted to go back in and we are back to the same game again....

I have two email accounts I check regularly and I need to sign out of one to sign into the other.

I found this when trying to go back to the sign in page:

Error - Single Logout
[org.sourceid.websso.profiles.InvalidResponseException: Invalid InResponseTo attribute (bibOnFeBt2wgVT0vVC.eMNxhPla) - unsolicited responses cannot have an InResponseTo.]
Your Single Logout request did not complete successfully.
To logout out of your Identity Provider and each Service Provider, close all your browser windows.

woodwerker

Contributor

Sorry, I didn't get into "my" email page, I got into the email login page.
Contributor

Any help with this - I still cannot get in
Email Expert
CCCarole

Sooz

What exactly happens after you sign in onthe homepage and click on the E-Mail icon? 

From the homepage, try this: type in smartzone.comcast.net then enter key. You MAY be asked to sign in. Does that get you in?  If you are using Internet Explorer- Under Internet Options> Privacy tab> scroll down to Pop Up Blocker and clickon Settings.  Add mail.comcast.net to the allowed list.

Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

hello everyone,

i apologize for the delay.

there were a few servers that were restarted.

is this still occuring?

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
Contributor

It actually seems to be okay now.  Thank You
New Visitor

George, it is still occuring.  website hangs at the "blue screen" SmartZone Loading....
Email Expert
JR071702

maxfeldt wrote:
George, it is still occuring.  website hangs at the "blue screen" SmartZone Loading....

That is a different issue...

It sounds like Javascript or some component that the AJAX (Regular) SmartZone needs to run properly is being blocked.

What you can do is while you are on the loading screen, make a note of the URL - specifically, the beginning part. (For instance, my SmartZone URL is http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail#1 - so the SZ e-mail server that I am assigned to is sz0004.wc).

Next, while you are stuck on the loading screen, key in the following URL that corresponds to the SZ server that you are assigned to:

http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/search

(You should just be able to backspace to the slash after the zimbra and type in the h/search.)

This will get you into SmartZone Lite. At this point, go to Preferences > General and set it to SZ Lite so you will always get into SmartZone Lite at logon.

SmartZone Lite is an HTML-driven web app like the old Webmail was. If you were able to get into the old Webmail system before on your computer, you should be able to get into SZ Lite. If you are going to be accessing it a lot from this computer, I'd just leave it on SZ Lite in Preferences.

JR

New Visitor

Starting 2 days I also could not access Smartzone from my computer at work.  I tried downloading a Java program again and deleting my cookies, history, etc.  I also tried to restore my computer back to a few days ago.  None of that worked.     
New Visitor

My Smartzone version is not the Lite version.  My browser is Internet Explorer.   I can log into the account info, but when I click on EMAIL  a message says "Web Address Not Found." 
Contributor

I am unable to get to the email page today.  URL is http://sz0073.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail#1
Visitor

i type in my email logon then it comes up. then when i click on my messages up pops a message.(internet explorer can not find sz0073.ev.mail.comcast.net