New Visitor

trash folder

i have over 3000 "Trash" emails and cannot "select all" to delete them. I use comcast, use a verizon smart phone and have to delete all that junk one at a time. any work-arounds?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: trash folder

Are you using the FULL version of XfinityConnect?

You can either go to the Trash Folder, open it and then place a checkmark here in the box, then click on the Delete icon

Trash.JPG

OR you can right click on the Trash Folder and choose empty Trash Folder.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: trash folder

[ Edited ]

In addition to what Carole said, you might want to go into your Comcast email Preferences and check the deletion schedule.  Trash and Spam have a 30 day maximum retention, which is the default.  You can set it to keep messages for 1, 3, 7, or 30 days.  That should keep you from getting such a huge stack of trash mails in the first place.

On my iPhone, I have a way to delete deleted messages after one day, one week or one month.  I presume your Verizon phone has something similar you can adjust?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.