Visitor

Re: won't stay signed in

I have the same exact problem.  Used to stay signed in.  Now, using exact same link, have to sign in every time.  Annoying.

Bronze Star Contributor

I tried anyross link and it did not work for me.  I copied the entire link.

I'm so disgusted with comcast right now.

Bronze Star Contributor
cwayneu

Wierd, but when I use that link, I can no longer "delete" emails.

Contributor
sonomajames

After days of successful use of the direct-to-inbox link I had the same problem. The folder menu didn't load and message management was not working. I (1) deleted my browsing history and cookies and (2) did a hard reboot. Now it's working again. Don't know which was the fix.

New Visitor

You must select xfinity email page as your home page to stay signed in for 30 days .

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

I'll have to disagree with you about that statement, Coolman.

I haven't used any form of comcast/xfinity for a home page since they got rid of the /lite home page well over 4/5 years.

I've been continually signed in for over two and a half weeks...

I am using separate links for these forums, email and the usage meter, which are saved in my favorites..   And even with keep me signed in, I was required after about 2 weeks to resign in again..

This is also true for my yahoo account..  After about 2 wks need to verify password and sign in.

Comcast has been messing around with their home pages, mail (that rotten preview page) for a while now...   

I have not seen that preview page since I got a workable link for mail..

I use only IE8 with my Vista HP machine..

ciao, bj

I have a message at the top of this message- when trying to post..    It says to correct highlighted errors and try again.   Post flooding detected...

What is this??    I have no highlighted errors... The 3,600 seconds converts to 6 minutes..

So I'm killing time to use up those minutes. 

OMG it saying I used a bad word---  Dear Lord preserve me..  fingers got tangled and comcast had the m & c switched...   This program does not know the bad words I'd like to use to describe the goings on with these changes being made..  :smileywink:

New Visitor
JohnDotCom

The secret to staying signed in, is to "not sign out" or close, that browser window... just minimize it, and open another browser window for your other surfing; and as a bonus, you will be able to go direct to your inbox, instead of going through the revenue generating Inbox Preview page, which is the only reason for its existence (with no option to skip the preview page)

Bronze Star Contributor
cwayneu

It's been a couple of weeks since I checked in, since someone on a similar thread started flaming other users for complaining. Looks like that thread (Won't Stay Logged In To Comcast) has been locked from further comments. Hummmm.

Anyway, just wanted to report that I got a voicemail from a Michael Cox at Comcast, saying the logout problem "has been fixed". I have tried to call Mike back twice, and each time got sent directly to his voicemail that said "Mike is busy, so please leave a message". Then I get a message from voicemail saying his voicemail box is full, and cannot accept any further messages. If I every get to talk to Mike, I want to tell him it is better, but by no means "solved". I only get logged out a couple of times a day, and the email reconnect now only creates one new tab, instead of three. Better, but not solved...

Bronze Star Contributor
cwayneu

Another update to this four month old problem.

My last post mentioned a call from Mr. Michael Cox of Xfinity/Comcast saying they thought it was fixed, but I let him know it was not. I have noticed, since the new Xfinity home page a couple weeks ago, that now when it logs me out of email, I have this message near the top of my screen.

"Your XFINITY Connect session has timed out due to inactivity. Click here to go back"

It has been a few years since I was a computer programmer, but I an 100% sure that some C#, Java, Visual Basic, or DreamWeaver code resides within Comcast that is generating this message after they log me out of email. IT IS NOT MAGIC. All they need to do is search their source code and/or process rules and find where this is happening, and REMOVE THAT CODE. Problem solved....

Wayne

Bronze Star Contributor
cwayneu

Also, I am not the first person that has finds the "INBOX PREVIEW" screen totally useless. I have complained before in feedback. And there are other threads on this forum complaining about this total waste of time, but they have been locked so you cannot add any new postings. I wonder if the bosses nephew created that screen, and they will not get rid of it no matter how much people complain. ;-)

Contributor

In last two days, I cannot stay signed into my Comcast/Xfinity e-mail account.  If I close my Firefox browser

(18.0.2), then immediately re-open it, I have to log in again, even though I check the "save" box on the log in screen.  I am using Mac OS 10.7.5 and the e-mail that comes with my Comcast Internet account.  The Com cast screen is my home screen (comes up when I open Firefox or Safari.  I have had problems with Google Chrome and do not use it.

Until a few days ago I did not have this problem, even when I first turned on my computer or had to restart.

I did clear my browser cache, as I have also been having problems recently with YouTube.

I use the Xfinity Connect "full" version, at least I think (don't know how to find that info).

I cannot even FIND a "remember me" box!

Email Expert
CCCarole

ettman3865 wrote:

In last two days, I cannot stay signed into my Comcast/Xfinity e-mail account.  If I close my Firefox browser

(18.0.2), then immediately re-open it, I have to log in again, even though I check the "save" box on the log in screen.  I am using Mac OS 10.7.5 and the e-mail that comes with my Comcast Internet account.  The Com cast screen is my home screen (comes up when I open Firefox or Safari.  I have had problems with Google Chrome and do not use it.

Until a few days ago I did not have this problem, even when I first turned on my computer or had to restart.

I did clear my browser cache, as I have also been having problems recently with YouTube.

I use the Xfinity Connect "full" version, at least I think (don't know how to find that info).

I cannot even FIND a "remember me" box!

To see which version of XfinityConnect you are using:

Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, and then click on General.  A window will open showing you which version is checked. 

The Remember me feature is on the Comcast homepage where you sign in.  There is a box to the left of Keep me signed in

If you delete all cookies when accessing your browser, it will delete the Comcast cookie, which is what is used for the Remember me feature.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Bronze Star Contributor
cwayneu

Just for fun, since I have long lost any hope of a solution, this now nine month old problem remains. I still get logged out at random times, several times a day, with the same old

"Your XFINITY Connect session has timed out due to inactivity. Click here to go back"

message. Often I am right in the middle of reading (or worse replying to) an email, so how does this equal inactivity? Those wacky Comcast programmers have a real interesting sense of humor. ;-(

Contributor
tillie08

I would like to stay signed in to my e-mail always.  i click the ''stay signed or remember me

box''.but XFINITY SIGN IN always appears.  Thanks for your help.

Contributor
tillie08

I asked you about staying signed in always.  How do I find the answer?

Bronze Star Contributor
cwayneu

[ Edited ]

This is a problem that started about a year ago. I use to be able to stay logged in for weeks at a time. Many of us customers have complained, directly to Comcast and through this forum, over the past year. Most of us have come to the conclusion that Comcast has no intention of fixing this. Some believe Comcast gets advertising fees every time we touch their home page, so they make money by logging us out of email.

Contributor

Really a bad idea to leave your browser window open all the time, especially if you use online banking. I have had this problem of not being able to stay logged in for several weeks now. I'm using Safari on a Mac laptop, so this problem has to be a glitch in Comcast's "keep me signed in" link. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Bronze Star Contributor
cwayneu

What is really annoying is I am often "logged out due to inactivity" while reading, or worse creating, an email message.

New Visitor
Nlyten

I use my iPad and have to sign in after any time I have to turn off the iPad