New Visitor

xfinity won't open on firefox

[ Edited ]

As of yesterday, I can no longer open the xfinity homepage on Firefox, never mind get to my email.  I tried easy solve but it didn't fix anything.  I really dislike IE and would like to get back to Firefox for my email; please tell me what I can do.  My computer runs Windows 8.  Now my facebook won't open either.  I can log in, but all I get is a blank page with the FB bar across the top.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: xfinity won't open on firefox

Hello,

Why are you using a useless program called easy solve? It solves nothing it causes more problems then needed.

Email Expert
CCCarole

emrs wrote:

As of yesterday, I can no longer open the xfinity homepage on Firefox, never mind get to my email.  I tried easy solve but it didn't fix anything.  I really dislike IE and would like to get back to Firefox for my email; please tell me what I can do.  My computer runs Windows 8.  Now my facebook won't open either.  I can log in, but all I get is a blank page with the FB bar across the top.

Unistall Easy Solve first.

Whcih operating system do you use?

Now clear your browser cache in Firefox.

Can you get to XfinityConnect now, or still locked out?

Try using Internet Explorer, just to test.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

Ummm, because that was what was recommended when I did a help search on the xfinity/comcast page?  Not sure why it offended you, though. (responding to reasd)

Email Expert
CCCarole

In my opinion, the comment made by Reasd was uncalled for.   He needs to realize that everyone that comes into the Forums with a problem may not know about past issues we have seen with Easy Solve. 

Please unistall Easy Solve. 

Post back,

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

Responding to CCarole, your fix took care of the problem, thank you! 

I agree reasd's comment was uncalled for, luckily I'm not the kind of person to take snide comments from strangers personally.  I was more curious as to why reasd felt compelled to respond without useful advice than anything.  But your response that there have been problems with easy solve sort of answered that question.  Sort of.

Have a good weekend!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

emrs, I participated in the trial for Easy Solve. I was not impressed.

Despite the name it will not solve anything. It's basically a glorified cache cleaner.

While it purports to help get you back online when you have internet connectivity issues that is not true.

All it does is tell you to check your cables, reset your modem, and if that doesn't work call Comcast. It also won't help if there is a problem with Comcast and the internet is down or slow.

You, and your computer, are better off without it.

reasd wrote:

Hello,

Why are you using a useless program called easy solve? It solves nothing it causes more problems then needed.

Actually it doesn't cause more problems. It just won't solve the ones you have.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.