02-03-2011 02:29 AM - edited 02-03-2011 02:36 AM
How does Twitter work with the community?
The new connection between Comcast Help Forums and Twitter lets you be in both places at once.
You can monitor a relevant Twitter stream from within the community -- on board pages, blog pages, and idea exchange pages. When you see interesting tweets, you can post them to community and let the authors know their tweets are being discussed in the community.
How do I link to my Twitter account?
If you have a Twitter account you can link it to your community profile and tweet from the community whenever you want. To link to your Twitter account:
1. From any community page, click My Settings and click the Social Connect tab.
2. Click Twitter Settings and click Link to my Twitter account.
You arrive at a Twitter page where you can allow access to your Twitter account from the community. If you are already logged in to your Twitter account, you'll see your account name.
3. If you're not logged in, or if you want to link to another account, enter the user name or email and password associated with the account.
4. Make sure the account is correct and click Allow. You return to your My Settings page, where you'll see that your community profile is linked and your Twitter account is verified.
What is a Twitter stream?
A Twitter stream is a continuous feed of Twitter posts that appears on board pages in the community. We've made the default twitter stream display tweets (or messages) from @comcastcares, our customer service twitter guru. New tweets that match the search appear in the Twitter stream as soon as they're tweeted.
To stop the Twitter stream:
Click the Stop button to the left of the Twitter Stream title.
To restart the Twitter stream:
Click the Play button to the left of the Twitter Stream title.
How do I tweet from the help forums?
There are a couple of ways that you can tweet interesting content from the community. If you see a post that you want to share, you can tweet it out.
Note: You must link your community profile and your Twitter account before you can tweet from the community.
To tweet a post:
1. Click the Tweet Post button that appears on the topic page.
2. As part of your Twitter settings, you can choose your default Twitter account. This is the one that appears when you tweet from the community. If you have permission to tweet from a corporate account as well, you can choose it before you tweet.
3. Choose the account you're tweeting from.
4. Edit the text of the tweet.
5. The outgoing tweet includes a link to the post. Be sure not to change it! As you type, you can see the character count below the text box (on the left).
6. When you're happy with the text, click Tweet it!.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map