New Visitor
amarc

All in one Printer Question

I Just purchased a All in one Epson Workforce 645, I want to set it up and get the fax working correctly. I have Comcast triple play, Will I need a DSL Filter to get the fax working correctly? DO I have to go through comcast to get the filter if needed? Any and all questions regarding proper printer/fax set would be greatly appretiated.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: All in one Printer Question

The output of the eMTA's telephone jack does not need a DSL filter.  A DSL filter is only needed for people who have DSL from  their local phone company.

You should be able to plug the phone cord from the unit directly to any working active phone jack in the house.

New Visitor
amarc

OK, My phone line goes directly into the xfinity router, so your saying I should be able to connect from the router to printer directly. I would use the extra phone jack in the back of the router next to where the phone line goes in. I thought so but wanted to make sure no additional hardward was needed. Thanks again

New Visitor
amarc

Re: All in one Printer Question/ VoIP SYS Question

OK, Now how about avoiding VoIP issues, Since my phone goes through the comcast cable router and the Directions state they don't guarantee compatability with VoIP or cable sytems would a filter avoid any issues I might have. I have not yet set this system up but want to avoid any hassels. Any input regarding concern would greatly be appreciated as this is my first all in one and I mainly got it for the Fax.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: All in one Printer Question/ VoIP SYS Question

There are no filters to add, if you don't have a open jack to connect, then add a phone line splitter to give you two phone jacks, one for the phone and one for the fax. 

You would need to connect to the L1/L2 jack on the eMTA, don't use the L2 jack as that is only for subs with two phone lines.

Your phone signals do not use the router part which is the ethernet for the home networking, but the telephony part with the analog phone L1/L2 jack.

New Visitor
amarc

Ok that answered my question thanks again for your time responding.