Contributor
DFRESCO
Accepted Solution

DOCSIS 3.0 MODEMS

Which Docsis 3.0 modems does Comcast have for leasing?

If so, do they have a list of the modems they have for lease?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: DOCSIS 3.0 MODEMS

[ Edited ]

delete

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

[ Edited ]

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/      <<< these are the approved modems check box for docsis 3

X  Show only the latest models (DOCSIS 3.0 and above)

Stay away from the combo gateway devices modem&wireless . Best to get modem and seperate wireless router .

Make sure  you get one in list . Now when they offer you one , you can compare against list .

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

You need to be aware that you will get whatever the local office has in stock.

It is not outside the realm of possibility that they don't have any DOCSIS 3 modems in stock.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Connection Expert
EG

Most of the time it comes down to whatever the tech has on the truck. However If you have the Blast speedtier they should supply you with a D3 compliant modem. If you have Extreme you require one.

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Side note ,

Rather then paying comcast 8$ a month you could always purchase your own modem provided its not a emta , those are only available in some markets  .

80-125 $  for docsis 3 modems

Contributor
DFRESCO

@UHFhd   which one would you recommend me if I were to buy one?

I want a modem that could last me for years to come..

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

I see the experts here and at different site posting about a Zoom modem 8x4 docsis 3  for future proofing .

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Docsis-Cable-Modem-5341-00-00J/dp/B0063K4NN6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=13210...      

I myself am still using older motorola sb6120 its only 4x4         considering updating soon         

hope that helps

Contributor
DFRESCO

Thank you UHFhD!

I rather just buy a modem and save me $80-90 dollars a year ...

Looks like I'll be buying the zoom..

Thank you all for the help!

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

[ Edited ]

Yw glad I could help .   :smileyhappy:   

PS save your receipt for new modem and check your first bill from comcast to make sure there not charging you a rental fee for owned modem .

Also you will need to call into comcast with MAC address of new modem and get it provisioned .

Contributor
admlshake

You might want to get 2 and keep one on the shelf.  It seems like when I've had one go out over the years it's almost always on a day when the stores are closed or after hours.  After the last time I just paid the extra money and decided to keep a spare on the shelf so I'm not scrambling to get my internet back.

New Visitor
lcv1975

I finally found a manual for the Ubee D3.0 modems since Saveology does not send you one with the modem. I wanted to know what all the LED lights indicated, etc., and never got anywhere with them. Plus no installation disk was ever sent to me. So...I researched and found this link which is the manual for the modem. It's very helpful. Wish they'd just put it in with the modem from day one. Google the Ubee D3.0 cable modem manual and here's the one you want .The link will show Model #U10C035 in the header of the link It has a downloadable PDF document that's very clear. Hope all of you that have this modem use this. It will answer a lot of questions.