New Visitor
fredwilcox

Easy Solve

I just downloaded the latest upgrade to easy solve and when I power up I get the Web Page not found message. Any suggestions.

Thank you.

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Re: Easy Solve

[ Edited ]

Many folks would say delete UN-install it .

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Get rid of that program and dont waist your time.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I participated in the trial for Easy Solve and was not impressed. Neither was anyone else who participated in it.

Stay away from it. It really doesn't do very much. And it doesn't diagnose any problems. All it does is run a scan and lists "problems" it finds.

If you don't subscribe to SIgnature Support all it will do is clear out your cache and tell you to fix things that really don't need to be fixed. You will be told there are things that need to be fixed in order to optiminze your system but no real details are given about WHY it needs to be fixed. Some of the things it wants to "fix" are Windows default settings, which probably have not caused you any problems and are ok to leave as is.

Example: "Set Critical Windows 7 Services" with no information on these services.

ES critical services.PNG

Another example for Optimize my Computer: I was told Desktop Shortcuts are disabled. Fixing that added 2 shortcuts which I did not want-Network icon and an icon for my user folder. These only showed up after logging off and then logging back on.

One thing I encountered was being told to clear the cache-AFTER I did an experiment. I cleared my cache. I then ran Easy Solve. I was told the just cleared cache needed to be deleted, so I did some searching and found a history item. When you sign in to Easy Solve it is added to the history. So even if you clear your cache, which includes history before running it, you will ALWAYS be told the cache needs to be cleared. This item is an EASY SOLVE ITEM that gets added to history.

es history.PNG

It will want to "help" you if you are not connected to the internet. I also tested this "help".

The only way I could test it was by unplugging the wired connection my computer has to the router. My husband was using his computer in another room which is a wireless connection so I could not unplug the modem.

It told me to Check your Cables. I checked and gee whiz the cable was disconnected from the router, I plugged it back in. There was nothing that told me I was reconnected to the internet.

The next screen was Reset the Modem. There is no need to reset the modem if the problem was a simple of case of cables or power cord being disconnected or loose.

If you reset the modem and that doesn't work you are told to call Comcast.

Obviously if there is a service outage checking cables and resetting the modem won't work.If there is a Comcast network issue and your internet starts crawling slower than a turtle it won't be able to help you..

Easy Solve assumes something is wrong on YOUR end of things when that may not be the case..

After the trial I uninstalled Easy Solve.

I recently reinstalled it when someone else asked about Easy Solve. I wanted to see if anything had changed.

It has not. It still drops items into history so it still tells me it needs to be deleted even though I cleared it before running Easy Solve. It still tells me critical items need to be fixed with no info on WHAT/WHY they should be fixed. It still tells me desktop icons need to be added to my desktop.

On 4-16-2012 I deleted one my secondary Comcast email addresses. The next day I opened up Windows Live Mail. A pop up from Easy Solve appeared on my screen, telling me

easy solve mail.PNG

I knew what the problem was-I forgot to delete the account from WLM. Being the curious type I ran the scan.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words I present these snips taken after the scan:

ES Mail Scan1.PNG

ES Mail Scan2.PNG

ES Mail Scan3.PNG

Easy Solve either has delusions of grandeur and thinks it can solve all problems or email "problems" are listed in invisible ink. Comcast has once again added to its not-so-stellar branded software history with Easy Solve. There is nothing about email in the results.

I DID NOT USE IT TO FIX ANYTHING.

I have not tried the connection portion since the program has been released. That will have to be done when no one else is using his/her computer.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

Are you working on wireless internet? It may be trying to open the ES window before your internet is connected. I also just took the program off. 

New Visitor
kracken

I attempted to install "Easy Solve" and it failed several times.  When I finally got the "Congratulations!" screen, then the *%$!? program would not run.  I got an error message that said "ERROR Easysolve has encountered an unexpected problem.  Call Comcast teschnical support."  Here's the kicker; tech support connected me with their paid support line who said " Oh, you've got a virus and we need to sign you up and fix everything."  Same old Comcast.  This is just a way to market their premium support!  DON'T bother with it!!!

New Visitor
eds3rdi

Good information. I was suspecting that Easy Solve wasn't really doing anything that I couldn't do with the Windows and IE tools already available plus it runs after every reboot and takes an inordinate amount of time to run through whatever it does. It usually defragment the hard drive myself but that feature seems unavailable and Windows XP requests that I run CHKDSK /F which won't run either. This problem may be due to Easy Solve preemting these routines. Any way, I'm removing Easy Solve.

Contributor

Also got the strange error message about an "ES Rederector" parked in my Startup folder.  After about 10 days it "rederected" my browser right off the Comcast server ("could not connect to xfinity.comcast.net, etc. etc."

Tech support was quite baffled by this. Said I could reset IE 9 to default settings (losing all my Favorites and settings.)  Advised uninstalling the program and  rebooting. Didn't help.  Said she'd "escalate" my problem, and I should hear from someone in [2-3 days?!]

Tried multiple reboots and my home page came back.  In future I'll use the Norton to "optiize" my Internet connection.

New Visitor
VernonAMiller

[ Edited ]

This thing is garbage.  It immediately told me that I had three things wrong with my computer, all of which were INCORRECT:

1 - It said I didn't have a firewall installed.  I do.  I'm running Windows Firewall on XP SP3.  I checked and, sure enough, it's there and running :-)

2 - It told me I am low of disk space.  I don't think 221 GB free out of 698 GB total (or 32% free) is exactly running low on space.

3 - It said I needed to clear my IE browser cache.  Maybe so, BUT I don't use IE.  I use Firefox.  And Firefox is set to be my default browser.  So who gives a diddle if my IE cache needs to be cleared?

So, unistalling this piece of dreck immediately.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Vernon, Uninstalling Easy Solve will be the best decision you make today. Comcast does not have a stellar history when it comes to branded software.

I can give you a possible reason why it said to clear IE browser cache.

When you open Easy Solve it drops items into your IE history. Because those items are there is the most likely reason you were told it needs to be cleared. Sometimes even with those item listed it may not tell you to clear it.

I discovered that fact when I participated in the trial for Easy Solve.

I do not use Easy Solve but I do keep it on my computer for testing purposes.

After I read your post I did several things:

First, I cleared my cache. I used Disk Cleanup, ATF Cleaner, and the delete option in Internet Options.

Next I ran TFC (Temp File Cleaner). After a reboot, I reinstalled Easy Solve because after my last reinstall of Windows I did not put it back on my computer.

Immediately after the reinstall I opened IE and looked at my history. Sure enough Easy Solve had dropped items into it.  This is a screenshot of the history just after installing.

easy solve history1.PNG

I closed out IE and repeated the steps to clear everything. After rebooting, I opened Easy Solve right away, before I opened IE.

This time it appeared as this in my IE history

easy solve history.PNG

After taking the 2nd screenshot I signed into Easy Solve. I haven't figured out what the pcmctbc.cmm.motive entry is. I thought it might be added after signing in but that did not appear after I signed in again. Nor did it appear after running a scan.  Start.htm under computer is added each time you open Easy Solve. Offline Dispatcher is also associated with Easy Solve.

easy solve sign in.PNG

Just for fun I repeated all the cleaning steps. Once again after a reboot I opened Easy Solve before doing anything else.

Results: which are wrong because everything had been cleared mere moments before I ran the scan. Apparently Easy Solve thinks 2 or 3 entries constitutes FULL.

easy solve scan.PNG

Now, here is my updated review of Easy Solve

Easy Solve is nothing more than a glorified cache cleaner.

Despite the name and the claims Easy Solve does not solve anything.

I participated in the trial for Easy Solve and was not impressed. Neither was anyone else who participated in it.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/easysolve-overview/

EasySolve provides ...service outage resolutions to give you a faster, smoother Internet experience. 

Resolving Internet and PC Issues 

EasySolve uses the optimization scan to determine if your Internet experience is ideal and if not, it can help you to fix or solve your issues.

EasySolve ensures that you always receive the best possible service that Comcast provides. If, for any reason, you are not receiving the best Internet experience, simply run the optimization scan and let EasySolve determine if you have any issues. 

Stay away from it. It really doesn't do very much. And it doesn't diagnose any problems. It won't determne if your computer has a hardware or software issue or if the system is infected.

EASY SOLVE DOES NOT CHECK FOR CONNECTIVITY ISSUES. If you do have issues it won't find anything.

It will want to "help" you if you are not connected to the internet. I also tested this "help".

The only way I could test it was by unplugging the wired connection my computer has to the router. My husband was using his computer in another room which is a wireless connection so I could not unplug the modem.

It told me to Check your Cables. I checked and gee whiz the cable was disconnected from the router, I plugged it back in. There was nothing that told me I was reconnected to the internet.

The next screen was Reset the Modem. There is no need to reset the modem if the problem was a simple of case of cables or power cord being disconnected or loose.

If you reset the modem and that doesn't work you are told to call Comcast.

Obviously if there is a service outage checking cables and resetting the modem won't work. If there is a Comcast network issue and your internet starts crawling slower than a turtle it won't be able to help you. Thus there is no factual basis to this claim EasySolve provides ...service outage resolutions to give you a faster, smoother Internet experience. I wish it could solve service outages but alas that is beyond the capability of the program.

I've also had it Easy Solve pop up and tell me I'm not connected to the internet, use Easy Solve to help you get back online,  when the power has gone out. Again, it would be futile effort using Easy Solve in that situation.

Easy Solve assumes something is wrong on YOUR end of things when that may not be the case..

After the trial I uninstalled Easy Solve. I reinstalled it when someone else asked about it. I wanted to see if anything had changed.

It has not. I do keep it on my computer for testing purposes ONLY.

In Dec. 2012 the internet in my area went down. Easy Solve popped up telling me I was not connected to the internet. I knew it was down because the modem lights were wonky. I also checked the outage report from my mobile phone.

ust for fun, I decided to document the "help getting connected" function of Easy Solve using my screen recorder.

Here is the result, which I did using both wired and wireless connection options. I chose not to reset the modem since I knew there was an outage. The video is 3 minutes long.

Easy Solve Video, you tube

Comcast foisted Easy Solve on customers and then left us high and dry without providing any support for it. I have requested several times that someone on the Easy Solve team be available to answer questions about it here in the forum. My pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Louie_Clay

How do I delay the automatic launch of Easy Solve when I boot up? It now tries to

load about a minute before my computer has connected to the internet, and hence reports that it

cannot connect. When I re-launch it, it works.

I am using Windows 7. 

Easy Solve does not show up in the start up folders as such,

The properties for East Solve on my computer show it at the target:

"

C:

\Program Files (x86)\Comcast\pcBrowser.exe" -appkey=Comcast -hidden -url=file://C:\Program Files

(x86)\Comcast\Start.htm?

VendorID=Comcast,isHidden=false,ConnectivityRequired=true,flowId=HOMEPAGE,FlowParams="

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Did you read any of the above posts? You should delete Easy solve. It does not serve any purpose.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Uninstall Easy Solve.

Comcast announced in October that it is no longer available.

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/easysolve-overview/

No support was ever offered for Easy Solve, which is nothing more than a glorified cache cleaner. It certainly didn't work if you could not connect to the internet. It was not capable of finding any issues your computer might have. With Comcast pulling it, Easy Solve will no longer be updated.

For best results when uninstalling download and install REVO Uninstaller free version from here

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Open Revo. Select the program you wish to remove. Use ADVANCED.

The program will uninstall. When finished click NEXT and it will scan for leftover registry entries. Select only the BOLDED entries. then click DELETE.

Click NEXT again and repeat the procedure for leftover files and folders.

A few files will still be left on your computer. These can easily be deleted by searching for Motive.

An easy way to find them is to download and install Everything Desktop Search which superior to the Windows search function. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/everything-desktop-search/

You can either right click the entry and then delete or double click to open the folder and delete it from there.

New Visitor
bsmusk

just googled it, and it said it is no longer available.