Visitor

What to do with OLD cable modem?

We upgraded our cable modem quite some time ago, but the old Com21 CP2000 is still lying around my home office.  I'm getting rid of old junk (and this is old junk), but I don't want to toss if if Comcast will want it back.  Any ideas, or should I just call the local office (too easy, I know).

Connection Expert
EG

Re: What to do with OLD cable modem?

If you were originally leasing it from CC, it would be advisable to turn it back in.

And make sure you get a receipt that you did so.
Visitor

Kind of what I figured.  Thanks.
Connection Expert
EG

:smileycool:
Contributor

I have kind of the same problem. I ordered High Speed Internet, but decided to upgrade to Tripple Play before I recieved the modem. So I have the original modem sitting here but it is not showing up on my account, Comcast even said that Its not on there. Should I return it or will I be fined for having it?
Service Expert
Moguns

jasonryan17 wrote:
I have kind of the same problem. I ordered High Speed Internet, but decided to upgrade to Tripple Play before I recieved the modem. So I have the original modem sitting here but it is not showing up on my account, Comcast even said that Its not on there. Should I return it or will I be fined for having it?

If you have "leased" the modem from Comcast and you are not using it,  it is wise to turn it in, and be sure that you get a receipt for it.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Photobucket
Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

Withdrawn..

Message Edited by EG on 11-07-2008 06:34 PM