New Visitor
safinlaf
Accepted Solution

Wii Setup

I just got a Wii and connect the Wii device to my comcast box.  I can't seem to figure out now how to get the Wii menu to show up on the TV.  When I go thru the Input options, only Input 2 for the TV works and all the other inputs show as No Signall.

Connection Expert
EG

Re: Wii Setup

Did you read the instructions ? I believe that you need to connect the Wii directly to the T.V . and not the "Comcast box".

Contributor
frajul2

Hi,

I have the same problem. I connected the Wii unit as directed in the Wii instructions directly to the input connections on the HDTV, but with the Wii unit on there was nothing on the TV. Would the Wii unit have to be connected through my DVD-VCR unit?

Regular Problem Solver
Murphy

Did you use the HDTV's remote control to select the input that you connected the Wii to?

Contributor
frajul2

Thanks for the quick reply. I did manage to figure out what my problem was. I didn't click through all the options using the tv/vcr button on the remote. Works fine now. Thanks again for the help. Have a happy new year.

New Visitor
TurtleTV

What did you do?  What was the option.  I am unable to get our Wii to work with any of the sets on Xfinity that do not have the more expensive box.  Does anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it?  

Contributor
frajul2

Hi,

On my comcast controller number pad ( I have a HD TV) there is a TV/VCR button. Pushing the button switches to different modes. I found that the AV2 mode works for me. My daughter also has a Wii with a regular TV that uses AV3. You can try that to see if that works.

New Visitor
TurtleTV

Hmm - none of my new controllers from Comcast have any such buttons (I recenlty "upgraded" to their all digital network.)  

Has anyone successfully connected their Wii to an HDTV that uses the new controllers on the smaller box?

Contributor
frajul2

Sorry I couldn't be of help. If you are talking about the DTA units ( the small boxes) I have no idea how that would work. Are there any controls on the TV itself that you could plug the Wii unit into?

New Visitor
TurtleTV

Yes, it is plugged into the composite inputs and the TV is set to receive signals from the composite inputs but no luck.  Unfortunately I cannot get the Wii to work on any TV with the small box - only the larger one.  In all cases the Wii was being set up to connect directly to the TV inputs.

Thanks for your efforts.

Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Contributor
frajul2

This may be a dumb question or more of an after thought, did you insert the play disk after turning it on?

New Visitor
TurtleTV

Not a dumb question but I don't think we need to - we wanted to use it to stream a Netflix movie and they did away with the need for disk to do this a month or so ago.  However, it might be worth a try to see if it somehow allows the TV to recognize it.

Contributor
frajul2

Let me know how you magde out.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Turtle,

Just a suggestion- You might want to post your problem in the Comcast Service & Equipment Forum  LINK

where the TV Experts might be able to assist you.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
SonMai

Where in the world are the famed instructions on how to get Xfinity set up on the Wll?  I have done numerous Google search as well as looked high and low on this website, but I don't see a step-by-step instructions set to get Xfinity app on the Wii to watch it like Netflix.

Networking Expert
Baric

I'm sorry, I have never heard of an Xfinity app for the Wii.  Do yo mean simply connect it to your Internet connection?  If so, do you have a wireless router?  If you do, it's as simple as:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/getOnline/index.jsp

Under #7, provide your wireless password.

If that doesn't work, then check your router for MAC filtering.  You also might need a firmware upgrade if this is an older router.  It using a wireless-N router, make sure it is in mixed mode, not N-only (the Wii is wireless B or G, not N).

New Visitor
LJThistle

The link to the nintendo connect was exactly what we needed, thanks!

Connection Expert
EG

Two year old marked solved thread closed.